Thursday, October 8, 2009

SELF MOTIVATION TECHNIQUES

MOTIVATION TECHNIQUES

Have you got motivation techniques to use? An ever better question is, are you using them?..

Being able to motivae yourself is a very hard thing to attempt, however, it’s so important to accomplishing the meaningful stuff in life. By putting into practice the simple techniques within this article, I’ll attempt to make a bit simpler for you. OK…

A LOT easier!

The missing link between a personal development plan and you EXTRAORDINARY life, is MOTIVATION! Since my goal is to show everyone who’s interested, how to live their EXTRAORDINARY life, it’s a no brainer to write about bridging that gap.

Notice earlier, I mentioned SELF HELP motivation techniques…

It is very important to establish how to motivate yourself, because it’s very unlikely you’ll have Mr. Motivator with you all the time. And besides, you want to be the master of your own destiny, don’t you?...

Okay, that’s the intro out of the way, let’s talk more about my self help motivation techniques.

HAVE YOU PLANNED FOR MOTIVATION?

I’m sure heard the saying, “Be careful, what you wish for”, wall I say, “careful what you PLAN for”. Why?...

Well obviously, planning to be the next Bonnie and Clyde might not be the best idea in the world, if you get my drift. But what I really mean, is the need to first have an understanding of the bigger picture…

Your life’s bigger picture….

Once the bigger plan is in place, then you start to create momentum that eventually becomes UNSTOPPABLE. Momentum like this might mean that you won’t require other self help motivation techniques.

To get an insight into this bigger picture, you have to have some kind of theory about your life’s purpose. I believe life’s purpose is to live a happy life, there’s more to my theory than that but I’ll only focus on happiness for the purpose of this article. Any plan we formulate in the future, obviously should be with a view to achieving this. Bearing that in mind, any plan that you set out to follow should have a desired outcome that will help you achieve the ‘bigger picture’, i.e. (happiness)…

Fair enough, right?

You may be wondering why I’m going on about planning when this article is supposed to cover self help motivation techniques. Stay with me, it will soon become very clear…

Basically, and good ‘proper’ and well thought plan, will offer your CLARITY. Motivation and clarity go hand-in-hand, without it, our brain will shut down almost instantly. Naturally, this will result in an UNMOTIVATED person. Here’s my point, in the first place, you really want to have a good plan in place that makes the way forward clear, that,, on it’s own, motivates you.

IS BAD REALLY BAD?

I’m always telling people NEVER to be worried about the chance of failure. Do you know why? It’s because often, the JOURNEY bears more fruits than the final destination. If you’re similar to the people I discuss this with, you’ll probably be thinking this isn’t easy to put into practice…

Actually, it’s NOT…It basically all boils down to your FOUNDATIONAL VALUES.

In hindsight, I can think back to many failures throughout my life which has taught me some invaluable information money just CAN’T buy. In fact, the reason why I’m able to pass on my ‘pearls of wisdom’ is because of the mistakes in my life that I’ve learned from!

Recognize that success is NOT the greatest teacher in the world – REMEMBER THIS. Once you begin to believe this, you will NEVER be scared of failing in the future. In fact, since we’re already on the subject, look back on your previous mistakes and ask yourself – what could I have learned from the JOURNEY.

Success is not what you achieve, it’s what you OVERCOME. In other words, your biggest failures can be your greatest triumphs, that’s why I say, Bad is GOOD, if you allow it to be!”

You’d be forgiven for wondering what this has got to do with self help motivation techniques. Well, it has A LOT to do with it. The fear of previous failures can literally become CRIPPLING. Fear can greatly hinder motivation, that’s why it’s fundamentally VERY relevant to self help motivation techniques. If you can learn to successfully overcome fear, you’ll have a massive weight lifted off your shoulders, while, at the same time, find it much easier to become motivated.

Having a good level of emotional intelligence will undoubtedly help you to more effectively handle your fears, then you can actually use your fears, and the ‘encrypted clues’ it gives you, in conjunction with my self help motivation techniques.

So, if you are going to start as if you mean to go on, get drummed into your head BEFORE thinking about trying to use any self help motivation techniques.

Self improvement strategist, Ishmail Downes has created a FREE self improvement website that cover motivation techniques in a lot greater detail,. Use Ishmail”s strategies to design and “Live Your DREAM Life”, NOW111

Article Source:
http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ishmail Downes

No comments: