Friday, January 2, 2009

finished story-IN THE GROOVE BY CHERYL V.

IN THE GROOVE
Martin was gone from my life, again, which I hoped was for good. So, that Rob and I could get our love life back together, again. What this, really, left me with, although, I couldn’t understand, exactly, why, because Martin, probably, will be haunting me inside for a long time, is this great need in my life. And this to me, is a deep wanting inside, to have someone else to lean on, jus because in having jus lost him, has been responsible for creating this feeling inside of me.
This means, to me, that I am having this hidden feeling deep back in my mind, that I am feeling like I have managed, somehow, to put Martin’s funeral behind me, although, I don’t understand how I have been able to do so.
I’m not, fully, aware of feeling free of Martin, yet. Although, this has made me, want to concentrate on trying to get Rob back in my heart. And this should make life, better for Rob. So, that he will be able to love me like he used to before that time, in which Martin, suddenly, seemed to come back from the dead, and, abruptly, seemed to creep back into my life, at a time, when I, least, expected this to happen to me.
So, then, I could, hardly, believe, that it has been jus last night, that Rob and I had had our special funeral ritual for Martin.
One thing, I’m, probably, fully aware of at this time, is that there could, still, be some love inside for Martin, and not even know it as being true, right now.
Upon waking up the next morning, I didn’t know, exactly, why, I felt this way. However, it seemed so surprising for me, to wake up with Rob beside me in the bedroom inside his cabin. This is, probably, because it has, really, been some time, since, I have had the actual experience of him, even having slept all night long with me in his bed.
I found, I didn’t even need an alarm clock to get me up, either. And upon seeing Rob, laying next to me, still, sleeping, I couldn’t figure out, exactly, why he didn’t get up for work, this morning, because he was supposed to have left for the resort about an hour ago. My guess is that he, probably, didn’t even want to leave this morning for the resort, jus because there could be something important on his mind, this morning, which held him back from going, there.
So, then, upon me, waking up, before even making an attempt to get out of bed, I felt like the morning jus wouldn’t go right without me, having one good stretch, and taking my time in getting out bed. This was because why should I be so swift in getting out of bed. I guess that to me, it jus was making me, feel so good inside with jus having Rob, lying in bed beside me. after all, I haven’t felt so snug about him, in being by my side in bed in which, seemed to have been the longest time, at least, ever since, that day, in which Martin had, suddenly, made his way back into my life.
This morning, instead of Rob, making breakfast for me like he used to do when the two were living together in this cabin, which, of course, had been before Martin, suddenly, appeared at Rob’s cabin, that one day, when he used to have full ownership of the cabin, I decided to walk right into the kitchen in my pale blue robe and a nightgown to match.
I mean, why I should be in a big hurry, this morning, to get the breakfast going, because after all, Rob, still, was fast asleep in our bed. However, for some odd reason, I couldn’t seem to comprehend, it must have been because Martin had crept up on my mind like I was in some daze, that I didn’t even bother changing from my night clothes into something more comfortable.
Jus because Martin was occupying my mind, this morning, I didn’t feel like going through the whole rigormarole like taking a shower and stuff. So, all I did was jus throw some cold water on my face to freshen up, a little.
Upon reaching the kitchen, I opened up the refrigerator, and got some eggs and bacon out of it, although, I, really, wasn’t in the mood for making a fancy breakfast for Rob and me. I think what, really, brought me into this mood, was that I happened to be feeling this uncanny air about me, as though, Martin’s ghost was around inside the cabin, somewhere.
At this time, as I scrambled some eggs, and cooked the bacon in the same Teflon pan, which jus happened to be setting on the gas stove, I jus seemed to have some ESP inside, which was cuing me into how Rob might be feeling, like if he’s sensing Martin’s ghost around in the bedroom, himself..
As I was getting breakfast ready for the two of us, that is Rob and I, what seemed to creep into my head at this time, was that I am having a vision of the funeral ritual, which Rob and I had held for Martin, last night, which jus seemed to be taking over my head. The funeral ritual from last night, jus seemed to go through my head.
It was like this certain vision seemed to be jus surrounding me; I was reliving the whole funeral for Martin, all over again. There, jus before my eyes, I happened to be seeing myself, all dressed up in a pair of black slacks with a black plain tee shirt with a black leather vest over it. I, also, happened to be seeing Rob, wearing all leather except for a black Harley-Davidson tee shirt along with his favorite Harley-Davidson hat, which has the flame insignia on it.
In this vision, which jus seemed to be taking over my being, while I was jus standing, there, at the garden on the left side of the cabin, he was setting down that statue of an angel, which looked like it was reading something from a book.
Then, right in front of the statue, I happened to be seeing myself, as I sprinkled Martin’s ashes, right there in the garden, and upon doing so, set some rocks from the garden around where I jus put his ashes. And then, still, being in this vision, Rob was beside me with such a sorrowful look on his face, it looked like if his eyes were all bugged out.
He was kneeling down right in front of the statue with me, while we were contemplating prayers to ourselves in a certain manner, jus like we two had done the night before during Martin’s funeral. The prayers, which we two had said to ourselves, seemed to be fully occupying my mind at this time.
Then, suddenly, as I seemed to come out of this vision, the world seemed like it jus hit me out of the blue. Suddenly, entering the real world again, my inner world, I realized at this time, has been a picture of what it has been like for me, as if I sank into some daze in a world full of clouds, which were all around me, covering every empty space in that world.
And upon pulling out of my strange daze, this, almost, caused me to burn the bacon and eggs, as I, finally, took them all out of the pain. And then, I set a couple pieces of bacon and eggs on each plate, one for me, and one for Rob, which plates, already, were on the counter. Although, at this time, I am not having any correlation of when I, actually, took the plates out of the cabinet, and set them both down on the counter, closest to the stove.
So, upon, finally, noticing Rob around me, briefly, leaning over me to give me, a kiss, I knew, for sure, I must be out of my daze, because while I had been in it, at no time, have I been aware of when he, actually, has entered the kitchen, this morning..
Only now, was I, fully, aware, that Rob must have been the one, whom got out the plates, mugs, and silverware for breakfast. However, I, finally, sensed through some ESP, that Rob must have been in the kitchen for which I don’t know how long, he has been in here, brewing the coffee in the coffee maker, wearing the same clothes, which he had changed into jus before leaving the cabin, the last time for the resort.
However, I wasn’t aware of the exact time; he must have come inside the kitchen, jus because my daze has prevented me, from trying to figure out, jus when he started to be around me. This has been because in Martin’s ghost, having been around me for part of the time, has kept my mind off of Rob, until now.
Here, I am, jus standing, there, right beside him in front of the stove, feeling like a fool jus because , I’m not even aware of when he, first, walked right into the kitchen, wearing the clothes, which he had changed into, jus before leaving for the cabin. Since, that day, while, still, at the resort, he had been wearing his good clothes, a black shirt along with black dress pants.
Then, Rob took it upon him, without, actually, being, fully, aware of what he was doing, to, briefly, wrap his arms around me. And while not knowing why, he was acting this way, I, then, didn’t, really, want him ever to let go of me, while, again, feeling this great need inside me for him.
Then, jus after he let go of me, not wanting to do it, in wishing he, could keep his arms around me, forever, he started setting the breakfast table, himself.
For a reason, I couldn’t figure out at this time, he wanted to be generous, and take it upon himself, to set the table along with two Harley-Davidson mugs of coffee.
And then, jus after the two of us sat down at the dining room table to eat, jus before eating our breakfast before it turned cold, the two of us took upon us, to stare into each other eyes for about ten minutes. Jus when we both realized what we were doing, without knowing why, I happened to be the only one, whom became, fully, aware we were acting, as if neither of us ever knew each other before, like if we had jus met over at the resort.
And having taken it upon us to stare at each other, really, to me, at least, seemed like an uncanny way to act. Although, he, originally, had been gone for a few months over at the resort, without even once, him, having thought about giving me, a call, at any time while there. And, of course, since, he hadn’t been calling me, either, I hadn’t bothered calling him up, mostly, because without him, being gone so long, I have forgotten during all that time, he even ever left the phone number for his cabin over at the resort, with me, in one of his dresser drawers.
Then, the two of us took it upon ourselves, to eat our breakfast in this overwhelming silence. During that time, neither of us could put it upon ourselves, to try to think of something, without even knowing what to say to each other. During all that time, which seemed about a half hour, it has been like if a cat’s been having our tongues, the whole time.
Some ESP cued me in on the thought that neither of us were thinking about anything other than Martin, because he has been, fully, occupying our minds, jus like if he has been a brother to us. What is true about this, is the fact, that Martin, always, has seemed to act like he was my very own blood brother, ever since, the first time, he has come back into my life, when he, actually, seemed to come back from the dead.
Upon the two of us, finishing breakfast, and being the two of us, were, still, jus sitting, there, at the dining room table, jus drinking our coffee, finally, Rob decided to break the silence.
Although, he wondered, if his words were going to come out, right, he, anyways, in being in a good mood at this time, being he’s in the talking mood, he said to me, “My darling, I don’t, really, know how to put all of what is on my mind, right now, into some simple words. It’s, mostly, that it jus seems like ever since, last night, I have been having this weird feeling like we’re starting to wear off on each other. In jus the two of us, having that funeral for Martin, last night, must have done something to make a leeway for us, to be able to get be back together, in one way or another.”
“What has been making you think in the line, that something has been leading us to getting back together with each other?”
The fact should be clear to you by now, because I’ve jus given into myself, through wrapping my arms around your waist, without even being aware of what I jus have been doing. So, how do you think, we stand with each other at this time?”
“For one thing, I, really, think, that in jus us two, having made any effort to have that funeral service for Martin, in having done it, together when I could have gone ahead, and done it without you, last night, is one sign. The thing is that the two of us are starting to wear off on each other, again, and ever since, last night, I have been aware of some feelings for you, starting to seep back into my heart. Now, are you, having any feelings for me at this stage in our relationship? Do you, actually, still, love me, or is it jus that you feel like you’re jus being lazy, and jus trying to work on jus being like a brother to me, or even jus playing games with each other?”
“The thing is, although, I’m not aware of why I having this one feeling, I am kind of feeling a little shy towards you. I think that this could have happened to me, jus because we have been away from each other, so much, ever since, I have gone back to my seasonal job over at the resort. At this time, it’s like; I’m getting to know you, all over, again.”
“What do you think, then, that we should, actually, do about this situation, if we ever are going to get back to the way, we used to be with each other? So, I think that I should do something about this situation, if we ever are going to feel all that love, we, once, had for each other.”
“Then, in order, to help us, get our relationship back together, I think that I should take a chance, and quit that job over at the resort, for good. And then, the next step, I think, I should take, is to try to get some other job right here in North Carolina, which isn’t going to interfere with us two, trying to work hard on getting our relationship, back together.”
“You, really, think, Rob, that getting a job, some place else, are going to help solve what we have been going through. Then, you’d better think twice about what situation, the two of us are involved in at this time. First, I think that before we can get back together, again, and start loving each other, again. That we’ve got to concentrate on getting over having had Martin in our lives, especially, that he, actually, has, always, been a burden in our lives, jus because all which he had gone through, which has been interfering, somewhat with our love for each other, has to be resolved.”
“So, what, really, are you asking me to do for you? Do you think that I can jus put it all behind me, like I even had Martin in my life, in the first place?”
“No, that’s not what I’m getting at, Rob. What I, really, think is that the two of us should jus go ahead, and try very hard to talk about the feelings, which have been causing Martin, to interfere in our lives, when he used to be alive. So, what do you want to bring up, first? I’ll leave it up to you, to, first, bring up some of your feelings about Martin, if you, possibly, can speak about any of them at this time. And in jus making an effort to do so, I’m sure will do a lot to bring all that shyness back out of you.”
“Well, I’ll start with how Martin has been affecting our relationship, ever since, he, supposedly, came back from the dead. Although, he, actually, had never been dead in the first place. What I’m getting at, right now, is the fact that I have been working more than usual over at the resort, jus because when he came back into our lives, it seemed like he jus went ahead, and tore the two of us apart. So, what do you; think we should do about this? Do you want me to leave my job, permanently, or do you, first, want to try to get a job over at the resort?”
“You are jumping the gun, Rob; the only thing, which stopped me from getting a job over there to begin with, was the fact that I ended up, being the one, who got stuck, taking care of him. Therefore, when he was alive, I ended up looking after him, all the time, because when you were over at the resort, I didn’t ever know where to turn to get help for him. This has been, mostly, because I never thought, that the doctor, who used to take care of him, ever would leave him, alone, like if Martin has been his chastity blanket. It was, only, after he was forced to go back into jail, lately, that I started to feel free from him. That was until Martin, started leaning on me, more, to give him, all the care, he needed. However, apparently, I never succeeded in that job, especially, because all the loneliness, he had been feeling over losing a twin, really, started dominating his life, bringing right to his mind, what, actually, caused his death.”
BACKFLASH
Martin, originally, had committed suicide, jus because the doctor, who had taken care of him at the times, he had ended up in the hospital, had caused him, endless pain and suffering. The doctor had accomplish this towards Martin through an act of revenge, through having put drugs, fullerenes, into Martin’s IV at the two times, he had been hospitalized. And during the times, he had been hospitalized, the doctor, for some odd reason, the doctor had wanted, badly, to see him, dead.
However, these fullerenes jus ended up, only, placing him in a state where his body temperature was low. Therefore, these drugs, only, then, made him, appear like he was stone dead when he, still, was live, although, his body had been functioning at state where he, barely, had been alive while having been buried underground in his grave.
So, this had caused him to suffer needless torture, which had caused him to be unable to live a full life. And then, the doctor had gone ahead, and taken out Martin’s liver, almost, causing him to die. And then, a court order forced on him, had made him, put him through even more torture, through making him, go through having to get a liver transplant.
And then, following his liver transplant, one of his twins happened to die due to a freak accident caused by the same doctor. Being Martin had ended up losing one of his twins through this freak accident jus because the twin had been operated too early during his life due to an enlarged heart; then, this became way too much for Martin to have to endure during life. So, then, as a result, he., then, to get out of the suffering, this had been causing him, he took his own life through committing suicide with kitchen knife.
At this time, there was no doubt about it. Rob and I had to work on getting our lives back together. So, one of the first things, he did was go back to the resort, one morning, to try to get his job back. However, first he made sure that Mr. Kellerman needed me for a job over there, because Rob and I didn’t want to end upon, falling apart, again, like we had when Martin was in our lives. Rob, originally, had kept living over at the resort, and hadn’t made any effort to call me at any time, jus because he knew I fell in love with Martin, again. And that I, constantly, was catering to Martin’s needs after he had that liver transplant surgery, and never have seemed to care about his needs while taking care of Martin.
So, one sunny morning, Rob jus hopped into his black and white ’57 Chevy, and took me with him jus because he wanted me to try to get a job, also, over at the resort. So, that the two of us would get to see each other, more often. And this arrangement would help us, get back together, again, like we used to be jus before we found out that Martin had, suddenly, appeared into our lives, through, somehow, being able to get out of his grave.
However, this is one thing, which neither us will be able to figure out, because Martin had to have been a ghost at that time, in order, for him to be able to get out of his grave by himself, unless someone had happened to overhear him, crying to get out of his grave, which at that time, had been, highly, unlikely to happen
So, upon us two, arriving over at the resort, we hopped right out of the Chevy, which, now, had a new window in one side of the car. This he had done, being because at one time, when Rob and I were trying to get away from the resort when we had been dancing partners, a couple of years ago, he had ended up knocking out one of the windows, jus because he had his keys, locked inside the car at that time.
Then, we started walking towards the main building where we figured, Mr. Kellerman would be at, because he was the owner of the resort. And he spent the majority of his time on his job inside the main building, trying to keep the main dancers in control of all the guests. This, always, was so that the main dancers could do their job of, always, keeping the guests, who were spending time over at the resort, in a happy state.
So, upon entering the main building, in the middle of the afternoon, we jus didn’t happen to catch him over there. This was jus because he happened to be out to lunch in the restaurant over at the resort.
Upon the main announcer, who jus happened to be inside the main building at this time, George Kellerman’s nephew, Mike and cousin of Rob, whose Mr. Kellerman’s son, said to Rob and me, “Do you two happen to be looking for George? Because if you two are looking for him, he’s in the restaurant on a break, having some lunch at this time. Do you two want me to take you over to where the restaurant is at?”
“Yes, this would be such a good idea, because that one day on which I had to leave my job as a dancing partner, Mike, I think that George might have gotten a little mad at me over the situation. Although, before I left, that day, I had left him know that I had to leave jus because a friend of mine, Martin, had jus killed himself, that day. And I had to get home to Cherry, jus because she didn’t know what else to do about the situation.”
So, then, Mike walked with me and Rob as a big downpour jus started up on the way over to the restaurant. And once, all of us arrived, there, at the restaurant, then, all of us were soaking wet, upon us, walking inside the restaurant, although, George happened to be sitting down at a booth, still, eating his lunch, Mike, Rob, and I walked over to him.
And as we arrived over at the booth, where George happened to be sitting, then, he, certainly, has a surprised look on his face, as he jus happened to notice me along with Rob.
And he, certainly, originally, had the impression, that Rob had walked off his job, and wasn’t going to be arriving back at it for awhile, being that he had known that Martin had gone to his death, that one night. And that Rob had to get over to the cabin, jus so that I wouldn’t freak out, and happen to end up doing the wrong thing, that would cause me to end up as a suspect in a murder, which happened, anyway, jus because, that night, Rob had decided to call the cops. And then, that same night, both the cops and a detective had ended up getting both Rob and I arrested for something, we didn’t do in the first place, like causing Martin’s death.
Then, George invited Rob and me to take a seat in the booth across from him, and to fire at him, whatever we went over to the resort to talk about in the first place.
So, then, Rob said to him with a voice which was somewhat shaky, being he expected him, to end up turning both him and I down for jobs over at the resort. However, George said to both of us, “What brings you two over to the resort, today? I got the impression, originally, that neither of you ever were going to return over to the resort to get any kind of job. I had considered, that both of you had given up on working over here, for good.”
“What brings us, here, to the resort, is the fact, that both of us want our jobs back as dancing partners, if possible. This is, mostly, because ever since, I have been working, here, at the resort, in the last few months, both Cherry and I have ended up starting to grow apart. And now, both of us want to get back together, and we thought that in the two of us, getting a job over at the resort would be a good booster for our relationship.”
“The thing is, here, that day, on which you, Rob, left the resort; I figured by the way, you had been acting, that very day. That you were considering quitting your job at the resort, for good. And another thing that had happened to be going through my mind for a while was that I thought that Cherry, also, had given up on going back here, again, for a job, too.”
“She, originally, had given up her job over at the resort, or even the thought of getting a job, over here, jus because Martin had reappeared, mysteriously, back into her life. And when he did, she got stuck with providing care for him, jus because his doctor had done something to him, which had made it, necessary, for Cherry to be responsible for looking after him. So, now, that Martin is out of our lives, for good, we both want to get our jobs back, especially, because in being dance partners, was good for our relationship, and had caused us to fall in love. That was while the two of us were both dancing partners, that one time, over here, at the resort.”
“Okay, I’m glad to hear this, jus because the two dancers, who, currently, are working over at the resort, are thinking of quitting, soon, jus because they have been having the same problem, which you two have been going through. So, the two of them, really, surprised me, lately, when they both came up to me, one night, and jus, literally, walked out on all the guests, leaving me to find someone else to fill their jobs. And I jus had been lucky at the time, to be able to find some fill-ins for their jobs, because if I hadn’t, then, I could have lost my job, over here, at the resort, jus because I wouldn’t have been able to find any other way to keep the guests happy.”
“Would you, Cherry, also, be interested in a waitress job for the restaurant? There’s, currently, my nephew, Mike, working at this restaurant. However, I do need some waitresses, like you, working for me, here, as well. Don’t forget that I, also, own this restaurant, in addition, to owning the rest of this resort. And if it was for me, living, here, at the resort, year round, that this resort never would have survived, either would it have prospered into having so many guests come year round when the resort is open for the season. During the rest of the year, I, mostly, spend time in repairs all over the resort besides in doing some hiking during the year in the fall and winter when the resort is closed for the season.”
“Well, I would like to, really, be a dance partner over here at the resort. However, if you don’t have any openings at the time, then, I would like to have a waitress job, over here, during the time when Rob is working as a dance partner over here. However, is there any way, right now, that Rob can have his dancing partner job back?”
“Yes, he can have his job back, very soon, because the resort has jus opened back up for the season. And as I, already, have told you, the two dancers, already, here, are quitting. So, in the meanwhile, until they have, officially, quit their jobs, you, Cherry, are welcome to be a backup dancer at the times of the year when the two main dancers, really, need a backup to cover the times in which they need to have a break from it all. In the meantime, you, also, can be a waitress over in this restaurant, too. And I, always, make sure, that anyone who works under me gets paid, really, good for their jobs, too.”
“Okay, the two of us are free to start right away at our jobs, and another thing is, that is she allowed in my cabin at night when I am through with my job?”
“I don’t know why you, always, were asking me about this because all employees are free to do whatever they want when their working days are over with. And being that you, Cherry, will be starting out as a waitress, come see me over at the main building right after I’m done eating lunch, here. And then, you, Rob, also, come with her, and meet me over at the main building, also.”
“Okay, George, I think that you are getting a little ahead of it all.”
“And I’ll set you up in some way or another, that you can spend your time in the main building, keeping the guests happy. And it can be done without being a dancer all the time. Until you get a job as a dancing partner, I’ll allow you to greet the guests at the door.”
“So, I’ll be greeting the guests at the door for now, that’ll be so groovy, because I know what it used to be like when Mike, here, used to have that job. However, I know you’re lucky to have him, here, at the resort, jus because I think he’s such a good announcer and boss for me, too, when I’m being a greeter and whenever I get that job as a dance partner.”
“And for that job, and for your waitress job, Cherry, you can be sure, that you both will be receiving good tips from the guests, for you, Rob, for free dance lessons and greeting at the door. And for you, Cherry, you will be getting paid very good tips, also, for your job, here, at the restaurant. The reason, I want you two to come over with me to the main building, is to get your outfits, and I’ll provide you too with more information about when you two will be able to join the others over at the resort in being dance partners.”
Being that George, finally, was done eating, and talking to Rob and I, for now, Mike went his way and back to his job as an announcer and became Rob’s and my boss, again. And Rob and I, then, followed George out of the restaurant, and were on our way over to the main building.
Upon Rob and I and George arriving over at the main building, the rain, finally, has stopped after having rained most of the day. And then, he led us over to his office, which, also, is located in the main building in back of the entertainment section, the stage of the main building.
It, surely, was all lighted up in the back part of the building. However, once, we all arrived inside the office of Mr. Kellerman, then, he had us, sit down in these plush black leather chairs. And there, we had more business talk with him. And so, then, he started by talking to Rob about his new job, which he was going to start, very soon.
So, then, with an authoritive voice of an owner, he said to Rob, while I was sitting, there, jus listening into the conversation, “Well, Rob, my boy, I am glad to have you back at the resort for the seasonal job. And you can be sure, that being when it gets close to dusk, that you will be having plenty of guests to take care of at the main doors of the building.”
“I know that the pay might differ from when I was a dancing partner. However, about how much should I be expecting from you as me, becoming guest greeter in this building?”
“Let’s not discuss pay, since, Cherry is sitting beside you. And if she finds out that she might be getting different pay from you. This might cause the two of you to grow apart, again, and this is one thing, we don’t need to happen between such a lovely couples as you two are. Jus be sure that you both will be getting good money for your jobs, if you two agree to be hard workers.
So, then, Rob said to him with a curious voice, “You can expect that the two of us are going to be good workers, no matter what kind of job we end up with.”
Then, George said to me with a curious voice and much surprise in his voice, “You, Cherry, as a waitress in my restaurant, can expect to get very good tips compared with a regular restaurant in this area. And the tips will end up to be a lot bigger than you could expect in a regular restaurant, too. And here, is a waitress outfit for you, Cherry, and you, Rob, here’s the official outfit to wear as a greeter. And now, the two of you can go ahead, and join the rest of the guests in the building, until it’s time for the two of you to get going on your jobs. In fact, go ahead, and go over to one of the special changing rooms, located on the sides of the stage, and put on your outfits, because the two of you will be starting your jobs in a half hour.”
So, then, after the two of them headed over to one of the special rooms, one for women and one for men, the two both seemed to be very quick about changing, as both of them were out of the rooms in what seemed like no time at all.
Then, Rob jus went ahead, and took his place at the doors of the main building, very confident. That he would have no trouble at all in figuring out, exactly, how he should act when greeting any of the guests into the main building. And upon getting the cue from George to take his place over at the main doors, he, finally, walked over there. And it seemed to him, like the guests, really, were swarming into the building, like flies.
And then, respectfully, he led me over to the restaurant, as soon, as he started feeling like he needed me on the floor over at the restaurant, located in the resort area.
As I entered the restaurant area, then, his supervisor over at the restaurant, Mr. Glen Kellerman, upon noticing me, walking inside the place, he said to me in a confident voice, “Hey you, do you happen to be Cherry, Rob’s girlfriend, one of the new waitresses, who is supposed to start her new shift, now?”
I answered him, with much urgency and excitement in my voice, as I, at this time, was feeling overly eager about starting my new job as a waitress in the owner’s, George’s restaurant, “Yes, I am her, and can I ask you, your name by the way, sir? Are you, by chance, related to him in any way, because it has seemed to me, that every person over at the resort, who I have happened to run into today, has been related to him, in one way or another?”
“In fact, it jus happens to be true, that I, really, am related to, the owner, George, and my real name happens to be Glen Kellerman. However, you can jus call me, by my first name, because George doesn’t go for anyone, who works, here, at his restaurant, to be expected to act official. He deserves for me to, always, act like if I’m a member of the family, and to be sure to show everybody, I run into that I am. Also, this means that he expects you, to do this, too, although, you are quite new to this establishment. Although, to you, this may seem to be a bit awkward, at first, for you, to be acting this ways towards me and whoever happens to work along with me at this restaurant, respectively.”
So, then, upon me, having walked over to him, and after him, handing out an order list from George, I, then, jus felt like if I have a lot of confidence in myself towards how I’m supposed and expected to act towards every one of the customers of this restaurant. I, then, got myself, busy with getting all the orders from the customers, who were, already, seated, or jus happening to sit down in my section of the place.
And my section, which I was supposed to cover, and to be handed out to me on each order list throughout my whole shift, was, already, in plain lettering on my order pad. And it was so obvious to me, jus by the looks on each of the customers’ faces, of how hungry all of them were, as I took care of all of the customers, seated or to waiting to be seated in my section of the place.
And what made me, feel really good inside, was that I, originally, have taken a lot of trouble with my makeup, before even considering walking inside this restaurant, to make sure all of it, was put on my face, jus right. So, that whatever shades of makeup had been used by me, seemed took appear jus perfect to every one of my customers, along with all the people, I will be working either for or with through the course of my shift.
Especially, when dusk seemed to come through with a big thud, a couple of hours later, because the air outside seemed to be cooling off, real fast, the guests, really, started flying in over at the main building.
So, then, Rob was really, having a good time in greeting all the guests, although, it, always, has to be done in a formal manner, as George has been expecting him to do.
It’s been very certain, that with all of these pretty-looking gals, piling into the restaurant with their dates or brothers or jus girlfriends or even by themselves, jus in being able to meet every one of these gals, especially, the prettiest of them all, has been, really, keeping Rob in a perky mood. And during all this time throughout the night, especially, during that time, in which the night of a full moon seemed took brighten up the night quite a bit.
As soon jus as it started to seem to become real dark all of a sudden, to Rob, it, really, seemed surprising to him, especially, because the majority of the guests, the couples, that night, really, seemed to want to get into their dirty dancing.
And this kind of dancing seemed to; really, earn its name way back even when the resort, first, was opened to even the younger crowd throughout the whole season. This happened to become true jus because George, always, seemed to absorb the idea into mind, that all of the guests, who would dare use the main building for their dirty dancing, which turned out to be real intimate dancing, probably, learned to dance like this way back when they were teenagers.
For one thing, George, always, assumed and, still, does assume to be true. That every one of his guests’ so-called dirty dancing, probably, originated back in their basements. And that this jus happened to become true to all of the guests back when they all were jus teenagers. This, certainly, held true blue, jus because all of his guests, probably, figured, when their parents were away at night with the neighbors or even some of their friends or relatives. That their teenager offspring could get away with their intimate dancing.
This held so true through the years, and still, all of this intimate dirty dancing, still, has been around, especially, whenever all of these teenagers had a chance to hold these parties. And at every one of these special parties, they jus assumed that anything intimate goes, including their younger and famous games, which, of course, included spin the bottle and strip poker.
However, George assumed that the game, strip poker, has become very famous over at the resort in the guests’ cabins at night, especially, apparent during any night, on which there jus happens to be a full moon in the skies along with balmy air of the summer nights.
Being that it was, completely, dark outside, now, the majority of the guests were inside the main building, doing their thing, that dirty dancing, and, ultimately, having the time of their lives, like they all, usually, get into while inside the main building.
And while Rob was, really, getting interested in watching all of these couples, doing their dirty dancing, he, quickly, became, really, surprised at George, the owner of the resort, how he managed to put up with watching all these guests do their thing.
And the thing is, that George, partly, happened to get used to all of these couples, doing their own kind of dancing, especially, during the times of day when the male main dancer, usually, is spending a lot of time in giving dancing lessons to any of the guests, who jus might want to take them, especially, on a regular basis all the while, they are gone at the resort for the whole season.
Another thing is that any guest over at the resort, who makes an effort to get these dancing lessons, and can learn all of the moves, can, also, make a possible move to becoming popular as a dancer.
So, that whenever the main dancers feel, they ever need a couple of hours break during the day or night, any of the guests, known as popular dancers, then, can, possibly, get a job as a fill-in. And the main dancers, always, seem to need one or two of these guests when engaged in teaching dance lessons to any of them during the day at any time before dusk, happen to start rolling in...
And this jus became a very in thing for us two, this dirty dancing, jus because Rob, apparently, already, knew jus how to get into this dirty dancing with me, whenever I have the chance to do so. And the two of us seemed to learn all this dirty dancing during the times, back when the two of us used to be the main dancers in the main building.
At first, it seemed that in greeting all of the guests at the door, was all he would be doing that night, then, George showed up, finally, and then, said to him, “Well, my boy, you’ve been doing such a good job, tonight, that I’ve got someone, my nephew, Mike, here, to relieve you on the job.”
“What are you going to have me, doing, now, Mr. Kellerman? Do you need me as a dancing partner, already, tonight?”
“You jus have put these words right into my mouth, my boy. In fact, being the restaurant is closed over at the resort, and finally, you are going to be able to spend some time with Cherry.”
“What brought this on, to enable me to have some time with Cherry? Is this jus happening jus because you jus decided on having us on some job, in which, the two of us can do together, outside of me, having the greeting job, and her, having a waitress job?”
“I’ve jus hired you both as dancing partners, being the original dancers have jus left the main building. And Cherry is going to be walking inside this building, any time, jus because her shift is over for the day and night.”
“Now, exactly, how is Cherry, going to be able to have the right clothes to wear, tonight, for dancing? Apparently, she didn’t bring any dancing clothes with her, this morning.”
”Don’t worry about her, not having any clothes to wear, and you neither, because you’ll be wearing the same outfit to dance in, tonight. And Cherry has use of the original dancer’s clothes, the female, because she was so much in a hurry to leave her job. That she has left all her dance clothes behind, and it jus so happens that Cherry takes the same size clothes, and shoes, also.”
Not long after the last confrontation with George, he has handed over to me, some sexy-looking dress and high-heeled shoes to wear jus as I arrived inside the main building, not much time later, after I changed from my waitress outfit. Although, I, already, knew about me and Rob, being dance partners as the main dancers of the joint, tonight, I jus happened to notice a starry look in his eyes.
As he was marveling at the very pretty pink dress and matching high heels, I’m wearing that night, to, it me it jus seemed, as though, I jus came out of a daze. And jus after I did, I jus seemed to be acting like I was much more aware of what was going on around me, as my hands jus seemed to, naturally, hook into his hands.
Being that, at this time, there could be no way, us to could have forgotten any of the dances, we used to do as dance partners, the time, when the same us two used to have the same job, back then, we jus seemed to break right into the dancing. And right now, us two were concentrating on leading all the guests, which were inside the main building at this time. And neither Rob nor I were having any trouble, keeping up with the lovely music, which got us, right into the beat of doing the mamba.
For about minutes, which time seemed like a lot more than jus a mere few minutes, Rob and I happened to get another cue from George to break off the dancing with each other for the time being?
Then, his cue let us; know that it was the time to jus joining in with all of the guests. So, then, both Rob and I jus picked anyone, whom we felt like dancing with. And then, to me, it seemed so ridiculous, as he ended up, dancing with some old and short old lady, while I jus happened to end up with some woman, whom used to be a dance partner for the resort at one time, jus after that time, when Rob and I, first, landed our jobs as the main dancers.
Then, after a few dances with our free-wheeling dance partners, both Rob and I were given the cue by him. That it, finally, was time for all of the guests, who were dancing away all night long in the main building, to split up for the night. However, then, after all of the guests left for the night, George happened to come walking over to Rob and I, with this pleasant look on his face. And by this face, both Rob and I were aware that George has been satisfied with our dancing, all night long.
So, then, as he approached us, as all of the guests have, already, gone their way to, hopefully, be able to get some dance lessons in, that night, none of the guests ended up that lucky, tonight. This was because he has been able to sense that night in both Rob and I, that night wasn’t a good night, on which for Rob to schedule any dance lessons, yet. Although, whenever Rob has a chance to give one of the guests, any dance lessons, he, always, has, in the past, gotten good money from him, for doing so.
Since, neither Rob or I have anything definite planned for the night, as we said goodnight to him, and chimed out, “See you, tomorrow, at the usual time,” then, Rob jus happened to have this surprised look on his face. So, then, he said to me in a curious voice, “What are you planning to do for the rest of the night, my dear? Are you jus going to go over to your cabin, without commenting about our evening, together?”
Jus as the two arrived right outside the main building, and jus happened to be holding hands without realizing what they were doing, she, then, said to him, “What do you, happen to have on our mind, besides what you have jus said to me? Are you planning anything between us, tonight, how about something, that would really, make the night, a different one?”
“You must have some ESP in you, my dear, because I jus was thinking about inviting you over to my cabin, tonight, like for some dancing lessons.”
“Are you serious about this, or is it jus that you’re jus trying took read my mind?”
No, I’m, really, serious about the whole thing, my dear. By the way,” as the two were jus starting to head over to his cabin, without realizing where they were heading at the time, he, then, in a curious voice, said to her, “How do you, feel about joining me over at my cabin, tonight? In spending some more time with me, this time, alone, isn’t going to offend you in any way, will it? I mean, in any way, do you feel, right now, that in spending some time over with me at my cabin; is in doing so, going to get in the way of your personal feelings for Martin in any way, now?”
“In fact, I was jus thinking, that in spending some time, alone, with you, tonight, is going to help me, stop from sinking into concentrating about Martin, especially, all which has gone on between him and me, ever since, the time, in which, we both got stuck, taking him into our care. Also, it will stop me from dwelling on all that has happened between us, ever since; we started growing apart jus because of him. So, what I’m getting at is that in being alone with you, tonight, is going to be good therapy for me both mentally and physically and in a spiritual sense, too.”
So, then, us two couldn’t think of even one more word to say between each other at this time, as we both were feeling very tired from all that dancing, we have done during the whole night. And what we both, really, need at this time, is to get away, somewhere, all by ourselves, where we can concentrate on what both of us, are, really, feeling between each other, if anything worthwhile at this time.
I don’t know what it was; however, our hands jus seemed to pull away from each other. However, neither of us was about to let this issue, keeping us apart, tonight, in any way.
The two of us jus took our time, walking down the concrete steps which led over to his cabin. And once, we were, over there at his cabin, only, a few minutes later, which seemed a lot longer than that, since, we both were feeling kind of weary, that night, I jus followed him inside his cabin. Although, while I did so, I felt, as though, something has been trying to pull me away from him. And I jus figured that, maybe, Martin’s ghost has been following us over to Rob’s cabin. And I wasn’t about to allow this feeling to take over the night, either.
However, once, Rob and I were inside his cabin, Martin’s ghost jus seemed to fade away from me.
Then, fearing that Martin’s ghost might appear from nowhere, again, and haunt him, Rob, then, said to me, “My dear, let’s jus allow ourselves to sink onto the floor, like that time, in which we used to con each other to get closer to each other.”
So, then, us two jus allowed ourselves to, literally, fall onto the floor of his cabin. However, once the two us were on the floor, then, it struck Rob, funny, for the fact, he forgot to put on his record player like he, usually, does, like he used to do, all during the last time, we were the main dancers of the resort. And then, we would spend every single night, back then, with him, trying to teach me all of the dances, he knew, jus in case, a special entertainment night happened to come up..
As Rob jus lay, there, while staring at me into my eyes, he felt quite funny, so, he said to me in an awkward voice, “I can’t believe what I’ve jus forgotten to do. It jus isn’t like me, to forget to put on my record player, when the two of us are about to try and play some kind of game with each other.”
So, Rob, slowly, got back up onto his feet, as he noticed I happened to be falling asleep on the floor with my head on my hands. Even so, he walked over to his record player, and put on one of our favorite songs, which he, usually, loves to sing to me, whenever I used to be over at his cabin, which used to be, nightly.
As that song of his, “Broken Wings,” was playing on his record player, he, slowly, walked back to me within a few feet of me. And as he was lying down on the floor, again, he jus happened to notice, that I have this inquisitive look in my eyes, as I am coming out of my daze. And at this time, he has no idea, that I have Martin on my mind, and am ready to go into tears, which I seem to be hiding, because I don’t have any sad look on my face, whatsoever.
As “Broken Wings” finished playing, another song, which he has made up, himself, at one time about flying away with the wind, he, actually, started singing the song to me, as I listened to that song, very intently. And as I was, I said to him, “What if I don’t crawl over to you and you keep saying “C’mon baby,” what are you going to do next?”
So, then, he kept saying those words, “C’mon baby.” However, I wouldn’t crawl over to him, jus because I jus sank back into a daze. So, he decided to be the one to take action, and he jus walked like a dog over to me. And as he reached me, then, I, finally, started responding to him, and then, upon the two of us, getting up onto our feet, neither of us was aware, we were getting into some real dirty dancing.
As we were doing so, he started putting his lips over mine, and I wasn’t even trying to resist him, although, at this time, I jus couldn’t stop thinking about how much I miss Martin in my life. Although, as Rob kept kissing me on the lips, this caused me to forget I ever knew anybody by the name of Martin, in the first place. It, really, was doing the job, in making me; at least, forget about Martin, for the time being.
Then, in noticing, that I wasn’t even trying to back away from him, we kept doing our dirty dancing, coming real close to each other, until we were near his bed. And as we approached the bed, he, then, literally, pushed me onto the bed, which caused me to let out a loud sigh for a moment or two. However, then, the sighing seemed to stop, at least, for now, and again, as the two of us were, now, lying beside each other on his bed, he took me by the hand.
So, he said to me in a lovely voice, “My dear, tell me, right now, how much you love me, or if you even love me at all. Because I’m curious as how we stand with our relationship at this time. I am very aware that we were pulling apart from each other for awhile when Martin was alive. However, I feel that since he’s gone from our lives, that I am feeling, as though, I could be falling in love with you, again. And these feelings of affection, which I am having for you, right now, well, to me, it’s like these feelings are becoming more and more embedded into my heart.”
“I can, truly, say, Rob, that, right now, although, Martin has jus left my life. That I, really, am having these feeling of affection inside me, again. And that every one of these feelings is very true to my heart at this time.”
So, then, both Rob and I seemed to get into the usual touching, like we used to do before Martin happened to end up back into my life. And at this time, I was feeling like Martin’s ghost didn’t have any room in my heart, anymore, because Rob was taking over my heart in many ways. And while Rob and I were touching each other, he, finally, realized what time it was, and it was starting to get late.
So, we had to stop what we were doing, and then, I had to get over to my cabin to get my sleep for the night, because both Rob and I knew that ate next day and part of the night, at least, was going to be a trying one for both of us. And I jus hoped that we both we, really, going to like our jobs over at the resort.

No comments: