Thursday, January 15, 2009

STORY IN PROGRESS-CROOKED HEARTS BY CHERYL V.

CROOKED HEARTS

CHAPTER I

INTRODUCTION:

Jus what came by without a matter choice, the predicament into which Dave jus happened to have gotten himself, is in having gotten, Maria, his wife, pregnant, before the two were even married. By the way, then, because Maria chose not to take any more birth control pills, jus because she couldn’t trust herself to keep up with taking them, Dave ended up having four babies with her.

Jeanette, jus happened to have started out with getting pregnant with her son, Charley, When Jeanette jus happened to find out, she was pregnant with her first child, whom she nicknamed Charlie, at that time, she and Dave, in a way, were ridiculed by a friend of his.

So, then, in that way, Maria and Dave got hassled into getting married by one of his friends, Mike, a minister, jus because he wanted them to have their kids, assured of being brought up in family life.

The predicament for the kids, certainly, would have ended up being bad for their lives, if he didn’t make an effort to get married, without fail, as soon as he found out, she was pregnant with her first child.

However, then, at the same time, during that stage in their relationship, their love for each other, was, still, being questioned to a point. That this could have broke the two up, anyways, even if they didn’t get married, right away.

Then, chances would have been, if the two waited too long to get married. Then, what love, the two were having for each other at that time, could have, actually, have left love without any solid base, on which to build their relationship enough.

So, that kind of love could have caused their relationship to fail to the point. That then, what love, the two were having for each other at that time, could have started going downhill, and therefore, ruin whatever chances, they had for having a family of their own, and at the same time, having been able to stay together as a family for life.

What could have happened to Dave and Maria, could have been that every one in the family, all three sons and a daughter, could have ended up in all being born out of wedlock. Then, this could have placed such a strain on their relationship, that the two, then, could have broken all ties with each other, which in the end, could have caused their relationship to go down the drain.

In every one of the kids, having been born out of wedlock, could have caused every one of the sons, including the daughter, to be brought up without a father, thus breaking up the main family relationships.

And if every one of the kids were to be brought up, only, by Maria, it could become very difficult for her to even be able to keep any of the family, together.

Then, she might have gone to all extreme, to giving up most or all of her children for adoption, jus because she wouldn’t have been able to bring up four kids on her own without her husband’s help, in him, in having gotten into his role as a father to all of the kids.

CHAPTER I

Although, Dave’s, still, somewhat, in love with Jeanette, one of his three sons, in a family of three boys and a girl, seemed to be involved in a fantasy over her. This happened to Tom, jus because he happened to overhear Maria, one time, reading one of Dave’s love letters to Jeanette, which he, actually, wrote to himself about her.

Although, he has been, really, buried, in what he thinks could be true love for his wife, Maria.

However, in having had three sons and a daughter, now, from the ages of eight to fourteen, he, still, seemed to be confused over whom, he, really, is in love with. Was it Jeanette or Maria, whom, he’s, really, in love with? Or was he in love with both of them, and doesn’t realize, that he is?

However, he must, at least, in love with one of them, because of all of the love letters, he’s written over Jeanette, and there could be some notes, hidden in the bedroom, which he has written to Maria, which she hasn’t come across, yet..

One night, while Dave and Maria were jus trying to have some privacy in their bedroom, little did either know, that one of their sons, Tom, at the tender age of eight, jus happened to be standing at their bedroom door.

And of course, being that both of his parents needed their privacy, from time to time, it was a necessity, that they have their door closed.

Tom, surely, knew jus by using his sense, that both of his parents have a right to be able to be by them, sometimes, jus to get away from the rigor, it takes to bring up a family of four.
However, anyways, he jus figured he wanted to be one big shot, and eavesdrop on his parents, that night. And at the time, they jus happened to be having a secret conversation amongst themselves in their bedroom.

As Tom jus stood, there, by the door, hoping that neither one of them would surprise him by opening up the bedroom, while he was at the door. So, in the meantime, thinking that no one, not even Tom, was trying to invade their privacy, Maria jus happened to say to Dave.

“I’ve been keeping this, a secret, for what has seemed some time, since, we’ve gotten married. So, I need to tell you something, and this is that, before while you were looking after the kids, lately, it jus occurred, by chance, that I happened to be looking for something, I needed at the time.”

“Then, what happened next, my dear?”

“I jus happened to be looking through the closet in the hall, when I came across something, right there, in the closet. Then, I pushed some of my clothes over, and then, noticed that there was a safe, almost, hidden in that part of the closet. So, then, in knowing the number to the safe, I sense in my mind, that maybe you have had something in the safe besides money.”

“What are you trying to tell me, that I shouldn’t have had that safe, there, to begin with?”

“No, that’s not what I’m getting at; I didn’t even go into your safe. And then, not finding what I was looking for, I, then, looked through all the dresser drawers. And upon doing so, I jus happened to come across what looked like a book.”

“You shouldn’t have gave into the urge to look through my dresser drawers, in the first place, at that time.”

“I was curious to look inside it, so, then, I opened it up, and on the cover of the book, I happened to find the combination to the safe. So, then, I went back to the closet, and opened up the safe. And I was surprised to find a bunch of letters addressed to Jeanette, and some with her signature on them.”

“What did you find out about her?”

“No, I didn’t, actually, read any of your love letters. I wouldn’t do such a thing as to open any of them up. But being I came across one of them, opened up, I did read that one, and I, then, found out that you have a former love. Jeanette, which you said in the letter, that she was your pal, and that you miss her a lot.”

“Don’t get me wrong, here; I’m not in love with her, anymore. I’m sure of this, because why would I go on and do things for you, like as to have more babies with you after Charlie was born?”

After a brief pause, trying to regain his composure, he said to her,“Wait a minute, I believe you, my darling, and trust that you won’t read any of these other love letters, or even tell any one else in the family about any of them, either.”

Then, he jus happened to hear someone near the door. So, he, carefully, walked over to the door, very stealthily. As he neared the door, he opened it, abruptly, to Tom’s surprise, and then, for a moment, the two jus stood at the door, jus staring at each other.

So, then, Maria said to Dave, “Is something wrong, Dave? How come you’re jus standing, there, at the door, like the world is ready to cave in?”

“You won’t believe who has been eavesdropping on us, my dear? Tom is here at the door, and he’s so shocked at seeing me, here, that he can’t seem to move. It’s like I’ve placed him in a state of shock. Well, I am shocked about you, Tom.”

Since, he wouldn’t give him, a valid answer, his dad said to him,” How do you dare stand, here, and try to invade both my and mom’s privacy. What’s the matter with you, now? I thought I brought up your boys to understand, that sometimes, Maria and I need to be alone. And you don’t seem to care if we have our privacy or not. Now, why did you do this to us?”

However, he was so shocked at seeing him at the door, that he couldn’t even get one word out to him.

“What’s the matter, Tom, has the cat got your tongue, now?”

He, still, wouldn’t speak to his dad, so, then, his dad said, “What did you hear us, talking about, here? Did you happen to hear anything; we were talking about, jus now? Please be speedy about it, because I’m ready to slap you right across your face.”

“Well, I happened to overhear that mom has been reading some of your love letters. And that some of them were opened, that she has read. That is all I heard, and I don’t even know where you have been keeping all those letters, either. And even if I knew where they were, I wouldn’t be dumb enough to get myself in trouble through reading any of them.”

“I jus hope that you are telling me, the truth, because your mom can hear every word, you are saying at this time to me.”

“Yes, I am telling you, the truth, dad. I swear about it, too.”

“Okay, get away from this bedroom door, right now. Because if you continue to stand, here, then, I’m going to take you aside, and make you, regret you ever tried to eavesdrop on us, in the first place.”

So, then, Tom jus hurriedly ran away from the door, and he ran right into his bedroom and shut his door behind him.

Then, upon hearing the door slam, Charlie happened to be doing something, that needed to be done at the time, like some school work, which he hated to do. And he was thinking about quitting, because he hated school, especially, the girls, which were in his classes.

Charlie, then, walked right into Tom’s room, without even knocking on his door, being his door was open at this time, being that Tom, himself, has opened his door, because he heard Charlie, mumbling to himself outside the door.

As Charlie walked over to Tom’s bed, Tom had this shocked look on his face, yet. So, Charlie felt obligated to ask him, what the matter was.

He said to Tom in a surprised voice, “What’s the matter with you, tonight, Tom? Did dad say something to you, which upset you in some way?”

“Yes, he has, Charlie, and he got after me through having overheard his and mom’s conversation, tonight, while they have been in their bedroom. And he accused me of invading his privacy. So, I don’t know what he’s planning to do next to me, now. He jus might come into my bedroom, tonight, and do jus like he said he was going to do, slap me right in the face.”

“Now, Tom, neither dad nor mom ever would do anything like that to any of us, especially, to your sister, Mary Ann.”

“Of course, he wouldn’t do this to Mary Ann. Because if he ever tried it, mom would, surely, get mad at him for doing such a thing, being jus because she’s a girl. He never would approve of her, doing such a thing as this to a girl at any time, no matter, if the girl was part of the family, or even one of our friends.”

“Why, Tom, do you happen to have a lady friend, which I don’t know about?”

“If I do, it’s none of your business, because she’s a lot different from me as far as age goes.”

“You don’t happen to be in love, are you?”

“No, I wouldn’t, exactly, call it love, now. I, barely, know the girl, but she’s a waitress over at that restaurant, that the whole family, usually, goes to, now. But I’m jus in a fantasy world with her, and every night, it seems, that she’s in one of my dreams. And I, really, have taken a liking to her, because she’s a very nice girl.”

“How come you won’t tell me, her name, now? Are you afraid that mom or dad is going to find out about this?”

“Yes, I am, Charlie, now, please get out of my room. I want to be by myself for now, and try to figure out the situation, I’ve gotten myself into, all by myself. I know that dad’s mad at me, and I think that mom might be mad at me, too, for invading their privacy, tonight.”

So, without saying another word to Tom, Charlie, then, quietly, left Tom’s room. And he even shut his door for him, so, that he would be able to take some action, in case, either mom or dad reprimanded him for what he had caused, tonight.”

Being that Tom had invaded their privacy, tonight, both of his parents’ jus seemed to avoid him the rest of the night.

And Tom was surprised, that neither of them even entered his room, that night, unless one of them have sneaked into his bed room when he happened to be sleeping.

The next morning, after Tom jus happened to have a bad dream, and then, awakened early that morning, he, then, sneaked into Charlie’s room. And he jus happened to be sleeping, but he must have been sleeping lightly at the time, because as soon as Tom walked inside his room, he jus happened to open his eyes.

And then, Tom jus stood, there, by his bed for a minute, while Charlie was taking a big stretch. However, upon seeing on his clock, that it’s, only, seven o’clock in the morning, then, Charlie said to him in a nice tone of voice.

“What brings you, here, into my room at seven o’clock in the morning? Is something wrong, Tom, dad didn’t happen to scold you, again, did he, by chance?”

“No, Charlie, dad didn’t scold me for anything. I think that he and mom are, still, sleeping, yet, because I jus came from the kitchen, and neither of them is up getting breakfast, yet. Neither are any of them in the bathroom, either, because the door is open at this time.”

“What is it, then, Tom is there something on your mind at this time, that seemed to make you wake up early? You didn’t, by chance, have a bad dream, did you, my boy?”

“Yes, that’s, exactly, what woke me up, this morning.”

“Well, can you, tell me what the dream was about, then,”

“Yes, Charlie, you might think that it’s silly, but I dreamt that I was in bed with Jeanette, the waitress over at the restaurant. And the thing is that I don’t even love her, either. And then, in the dream, when she got in bed with me, she happened to turn into a monster, and then, I happened to fall out of the bed, and almost, hurt myself. It, really, scared me out of my sleep, Charlie.”

“Well, do you like this waitress, Tom? Do you think of her as being pretty and beautiful?”

“In a way, I do, because every time, we happen to go to eat over there at the restaurant, I, sometimes, sneak over to her. And, sometimes, she even smiles back at me, but never has she said anything to me, yet. So, I don’t know if she likes me; she probably, thinks that I’m definitely too young for her.”

“Don’t worry, Tom, I won’t say anything to either mom or dad about this, now. You can trust me on this, now. I have found out one thing about dad, though, and this is that he’s been in this fantasy world with her. And I think that he may, still, love her, yet, because I’ve found out from dad, that Jeanette was his former love jus before he happened to meet mom.”

“Is that right, Charlie? Well, I, really, like her, and want to keep seeing her. And maybe one of these times, she’ll start talking to me.”

“Whatever you do, don’t say anything about her in front of dad; because he might jus get mad at you, and then, stop taking us over to that restaurant in Los Angeles.”

So, being that in, still, being in love with Jeanette in a way, Tom’s father, Dave, and his wife, Maria, frequently, paid a visit to that same restaurant in the city.

And every time, the family went there to eat dinner, somehow, it seemed that Tom happened to start mooning over Jeanette, himself, although, he was kind of young for her. And it didn’t seem to bother her that she could tell, that he was mooning over her.

The next time, the family went over to that restaurant to eat in the heart of Los Angeles, the family jus sat down when Tom said to the whole family.

“I don’t know what to order for breakfast, today. So, if any of you can get Jeanette to wait on us for our orders, then, jus tell her, that I want my breakfast, the original way, bacon, eggs, sausage, and of course, some ice tea.”

Jeanette happened to wait on them, that morning, and when she walked over to the table, she took all of their orders. However, Tom wasn’t there at the table at the time, so, then, she’s sensing, she’s having a feeling, that he has a liking for her in some way.

She then, happened to notice Tom, heading towards the front doors of the restaurant.

Tom was jus ready to go out the doors, and walk back home, again, jus because he didn’t think; he could face Jeanette, today. And this was, partly, because she didn’t say hi to Tom like she, usually, does, and he wanted to know jus why she was acting this way towards him.

However, as she caught up with him by the doors, she motioned him to come aside where the restrooms were at.

So, she seemed to be jus having the feeling inside, that he was getting through to her, finally.

Then, near the restrooms, he happened to sneak up to her, and before she, really, realized what was going on with him, he, then, bent over, and slid his hand down her leg. However, she didn’t seem to mind him, doing this to her.

Being choked up inside that someone was going to hear her, talking to him, and then, think she was being foolish in talking to a youngster, she didn’t say a word to him.

However, she did smile to him, and then, he slipped her, a note, which none of his family didn’t catch him, doing at the time.

It’s a good thing, that none of the customers caught him, doing this to her, because then, he would have become the talk of the restaurant, because a lot of the regular customers were there at the restaurant, that morning. And any of them could have told on him, being that his family has become very popular in this restaurant.

Then, he, casually, sneaked back to the table. However, no one in his family even asked him where he went, because they all figured, he had to make a trip to the boys’ room. And then, every one jus ate their breakfast in peace, after he was settled down in one of the booths with him.

Being Tom thought, he might be falling in love with Jeanette, but, only, in a fantasy world with her, which he wasn’t aware of at any time except in his dreams, he thought this fantasy world was real to him.

Each and every time, that the family would happen to go over to the restaurant, as usual, Tom and the rest of the family would sit where they all knew, that Jeanette would be waiting on them. This was, partly, because they all liked the way, she served their meals with a nice smile. However, Tom thought she was like this jus because he thought; she was such a cute girl.

However, it came time, that he wouldn’t waste any time, getting into showing her, that he was, always, a nice and good boy.

So, the next time, he didn’t jus say hi to her in a friendly, he didn’t want to stay behind the scenes, anymore.

In fact, in front of the whole family, he seemed to make the scene, each and every time; the family ate at that restaurant.

And one time, the family was over at the restaurant, they all were so busy eating, that none of them realized, that he walked over to Jeanette. And this time, he jus didn’t act like he was stealing his father’s love from him, Tom, actually, did something that, really, got the waitress’s attention.

He had the guts to slide his hand up her skirt, which she, really, didn’t seem to mind, although, a few of the customers happened to catch him, doing this.

And anyone whom happened to see him do this to her, jus sat there in the restaurant, eating, and a few of them even let off some weird laughs, which didn’t seem to even get his dad’s attention.

And if dad happened to catch Tom, doing this to his former friend, it didn’t seem to cause him to reprimand Tom for doing this to Jeanette.

BACKFLASH:

Back a few years ago, Dave had used to have a love, Jeanette, whom he had happened to meet over at a famous bar in Los Angeles.

And then, after the two having happened to end up going steady for a couple of years, he, then, had found out at the last minute, that she had moved to Milwaukee.

So, then, he had tried to keep in touch with her, through having written her, love letters, however, she had ended up falling in love with another guy, whom she had worked with over at a restaurant.

So, then, he had found out from the very last letter, which she had sent him, that she had another boyfriend for herself. So, then, this hadn’t stopped him, from sending her, some more love letters, which she had never answered.

So, he had written some more letters, this time to himself, and had kept all the letters, which she had sent him. Although, she had fallen out of love with him, he, still, had kept all her letters in this safe of his. And then, he had ended up, falling into a fantasy world over Jeanette, jus because he hadn’t seemed to be able to stop loving her for awhile.

When he had met his current wife, Maria, though, he, then, helplessly had fallen in love with her. And then, the two had happened to be so much in love, after the two had started going steady, after he had met her over at this restaurant that he got her, pregnant.

Then, in order, to give the baby, a life with a family, the two, immediately, had gotten married in the backyard of the apartment building, where he had been living at that time.

And then, after having gotten married by a minister friend, Mike, of his, the two had a drink of champagne in the lake in this plastic container, breathing through snorkels.

However, the two time never had any honeymoon, before neither one could afford one at the, because neither one had been working as a teacher over at a Los Angeles school. So, neither one had enough money saved up to go on a honeymoon.

For one thing, Dave loved Maria with all his heart, and never wanted to embarrass her in any way. So, he jus allowed his son to go after Jeanette, and jus waited until some day, that he would leave her, alone.

However, he jus continued to go after Jeanette, whenever the family was busy eating.

And whenever he wanted to seduce this waitress, he jus would tell his dad and mom, that he jus wanted to visit with the waitress, because he wanted to talk to her about getting a bus boy job over at the restaurant when he turned a little older.

Being he was jus eight years old or so, he didn’t want to pressure anyone, whom worked in the restaurant, about openings for bus boys.

What, really, seemed to haunt Tom inside, was that every time, he seemed to run into this waitress, Jeanette, her, really, thought it seemed so magical to him to be in love with her, which he thought was love. And then, for him, to be able to seduce whenever he had the chance to do it, being that the family, frequently, went over to this restaurant, to eat.

And every time, he would jus happen to see her, wait on him and the rest of the family, he jus couldn’t seem to get her off his mind.

And on the very day, on which his dad seemed to suspect, that something was going on between Tom and Jeanette, although, he felt, he had to say something sooner or later to him.

This was because dad didn’t want him to end up losing her like what had happened to him when she had happened to move to Milwaukee, and then, happened to lose touch with her, too.

Jus because she happened to have moved back to Los Angeles, and left her family in Milwaukee, and then, got an apartment for herself, this didn’t mean, that Tom could steal Jeanette’s love from him.

So, then, he had to get after Tom, and he went to see him in his bedroom, one night, when he was about ready to fall asleep for the rest of the night. Then, he said to Tom in a frantic voice, as he sat on his bed beside him.

, “Now, look, here, Tom, I know you have taken a big liking to Jeanette. However, what you have been doing, in trying to go after her, could be setting you up in the future for a big flop.”

“What do you, mean, by this, dad?”

“In the first place, Jeanette is the type of woman, whom, really, loved family life. And this flop could happen to you at any time, if you allow yourself to keep continuing to go-head-over heels about her. And this means that she could be leaving her job, here, in Los Angeles, when you, at least, expected her to do it.”

One night, as the family was over at the restaurant, and eating dinner, his dad had to have a good talk with Tom.

So, then, he told the others, “Now, everyone jus take your time and eat your dinner. It’s jus that I have to take Tom, outside, and have a good talk with him, because I’ve noticed, that for months on end, he has been trying to moon the waitress, Jeanette.”

So, then, Maria said to him in a surprised voice, “What has been up with you, lately? So, what if Tom likes this waitress, this doesn’t mean, that he’s in love with her. By the way, he’s too young to be in love with her, anyways.”

“I’m afraid, that if she ever decides to move, again, that Tom’s heart is going to get broken, because he’s been acting like he’s been in love with her, whether it’s real love or not, I don’t know.”

Then, she said to him, “C’mon now, Dave, you are carrying this a bit too far. I know for a fact, that Tom doesn’t love her. He jus has been mooning over her, like other boys do his age to women, older than them. I think these boys tend to do this to older woman, jus because they have been searching for a mother model.”

“But, anyways, I’ve got to set him straight, once and for all, and let him know, that he should leave Jeanette, alone, partly, because I, still, might be in a fantasy with her, although, I, really, only, love you, Maria.”

After he paused to get his bearings, he, then, said to her, “ And you, always, will be my only love, especially, because we have had children, together. And I never want to ruin this for us, by leaving you at any time, because I know that I am in love with you right from my heart.”

So, then, he said to Tom in front of the others, “C’mon outside with me for a few minutes while the others are eating. I know you’re through eating, so come outside with me, and I have something, I want to talk to you about. It’s concerning Jeanette, believe it or not.”

Then, as Tom got up out of his seat, he, unwillingly, took his father’s hand. And then, he was a bit angry, as he kind of knew jus what his father was going to say to him about Jeanette.

Upon the two arriving outside, it was jus starting to rain, so, then, Tom jus stood with his dad under some red awning in front of the restaurant, as others, especially, other boys about his age, were, actually, staring outside at Tom and his dad.

They too, were wondering what his dad was reprimanding him about, at this time. But none of them knew, that Tom was getting reprimanded about mooning over his dad’s former love, Jeanette.

“Now, Tom, you are too young to be doing what you have been doing with Jeanette.”

“I don’t think that I’m too young for her, jus because she seems to like me a lot” “It’s not that I’m, still, in love and jealous over what you have been doing with her, every time, the family happens to go over to this restaurant for dinner.”

“I hope not, dad, because she’s more or less my girl.” “

Maybe, we should stop going here, so that you will leave her, alone. And don’t let me, catch you going over here with the boys, because if I ever find out, all of you are going to be in trouble more than you can handle.”

“Now, dad, it’s not that I’m in love with her. All I’m doing when I come here is having a conversation with her. But I know you are going to say something about me, having put my hand up her skirt. I don’t what drove me to doing this, but I promise you, I never am going to do this ever again.”

“Well, do you think that you like her in any way? I mean, have you taken any big liking to her that you think might turn into love, later on?”

“No, dad, don’t worry about me, I’m jus in this fantasy world with her, right now. And in this fantasy world, I have liked her a lot, but not in real life, now. Being in this fantasy world is jus a lot of fun for me, and I won’t allow myself to get carried away with it, either.”

“Okay, are you going to promise me, that you never will bother her, again, because you don’t know if she has a boyfriend, or is even married, do you, my boy.”

“No, I don’t dad, so, I am going to listen to you, and not even bother her, anymore, because I think she jus might have a boyfriend, because I’ve, actually, seen a mood ring on her finger. At least, lately, I have seen it.”

That summer turned out to be one wasted summer for Tom, because his dad had to say something about him, going after Jeanette. So, what if he was young, yet, and in a fantasy world with her.

She didn’t seem to mind him, going after her, and she never has said anything to him, about him, being any pest to at all, either, although, she used to be in love with his dad. That didn’t seem to bother her, anymore, because Tom knew, that he couldn’t be in love with her, anymore, because he had his mom as his love besides her, being his wife.

And by her, the two have had four children, and he knows that she loves all of her children, including him, for one thing. And that she’ll never stop loving any of them, because she jus loves his dad, too much. And that he can always sense this love about her, too.

Although, Tom’s dad thought that this has turned out to be one wasted summer for Tom, he thought that it became one magical summer in the way that he kept mooning over Jeanette.

And he thinks, that he might even like her in one way or another, but that he couldn’t be in love with her, jus because his dad won’t allow him to be in love with her.

Anyways, she has a boyfriend, because, recently, she has showed her ring to Tom. And it didn’t seem to bother him, that she received a ring from another guy, who was more her age, than Tom was, or could ever be, for that matter.

Another thing was that the waitress, Jeanette and he, Tom, were at least ten years apart if not more. And to him, he knew that she didn’t seem to mind his company at any time, even if he was much younger than her as far as age went.

Another thing Tom knew now, was that his dad, even though, he hasn’t said anything to him or anyone else in the family, for that matter, that he has overheard Maria, telling him, that he has been saving some love letters from Jeanette.

And another thing was that even Maria, although, she has gotten a hold of some of these letters, knows that Dave belongs to her, now, and no other guy around the area, not even Jeanette, because she has her own boyfriend, now.

No comments: