Monday, August 25, 2008

AN UGLY DIVORCE-OUTLINE OF MY NEXT STORY-BY CHERYL V.

AN OUTLINE FOR AN UGLY DIVORCE

ME, SALLY DIVUALL-SHORT BUILD, STRONG WILLED, OUTGOING PERSONALITY, BROWN EYES AND BROWN HAIR
THOMAS DIVUALL-TALL BUILD, SHY, TENDS TO KEEP FEELINGS INSIDE UNTIL HE’S BOILING WITH ANGER, BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES
MY LAWYER-DAVID PENDLETON-VERY RUGGED BUILD, LONG BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, TRUSTWORTHY, BUT CAN BE MEAN AT TIMES, WHEN ON THE JOB, TENDS TO BE THE TYPE, WHO WON’T GRANT THE WOMAN, HER RIGHTS, UNTIL SHE PUTS UP A FIGHT
BRODY-TALL BUILD, BROWN EYES, BROWN HAIR, RUGGED BUILD, KIND OF SEXY, OUTGOING AND LOVING PERSONALITY,
ENDS UP BEING MY NEW FRIEND, EVEN THOUGH, HE HAS TO FIGHT TO KEEP ME.

I come home, one day, from the Duvall retail store, and when I happen to walk inside the house which is under joint ownership, I received the shock of my life. Thomas, my husband, walks over to me when the kids aren’t around, and are upstairs, sleeping or doing homework. And he hands me, some divorce papers, and wants full ownership of the retail store. What fear overcomes me, is that how are the two kids, Thomas Jr. and Candy, still, quite young, going to react when they find out, I’m not able to be at home to be their mother. This is because Thomas wants full custody of the two kids, and also, he wants me to move out of the house, right away, because he thinks I’m having an affair with Brody when we are jus friends from the retail business.

Then, jus after Thomas hands me, the divorce papers, the kids wake up, and upon coming downstairs, I have a shocked look on my face. Even though, they are both quite young yet, they kind of can sense, that I’m not myself. So, I try to approach them, and tell them that I can’t be here all the time for them like I, usually, am, even though, I jus help out over at the Duvall retail store as a part-time job. And most of the time, I have been with the kids at home, taking care of them, mostly, full time because, ever since, the retail business has been taken over by Brody, I haven’t had to be there, every day, like I use to have to do. And I, mostly, get paid for checking up on things at the store like checking in to see how the sales are doing. And ever since, the store was opened, they have been doing pretty well as far as sales go. And most of my work is done by computer at home in my office, and usually, when the kids don’t have to play sports which games, I’m, always, managing to be there for them, they play around inside my office while I’m trying to keep the business under control.

Now, that Thomas has ordered me to move out of the house, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I guess, I’ll have to find another place to live where I can, still, have the kids with me during most of the day and night. However, I’m going to have to fight for custody of the kids because Thomas’ lawyer has jus issued an order against me. And that means I can’t have full custody of the two kids jus because I have this retail business. However, it no longer interferes with me being a full-time mother with the kids.

So, at this time, being that I have no other place, I moved out of the house, that very day, and jus didn’t know what to say to the kids because, now, they were wondering if I ever would get to see them, again. Also, they know they are going to miss me as a full-time mother, even though, when I move in with Brody, my brother, he won’t mind having them over at his place because he’s all heart when it comes to seeing my kids. And he’s like a father to them too, so, the kids were crying upon following me to the bedroom. And they were standing near the door, jus watching what I was doing. And they knew I was packing my stuff and that there was a moving van outside and the movers were helping me with my stuff, and taking it over to the van for me.

So, I moved over to Brody’s house, that very afternoon and he helped me with the moving, too. And the kids were allowed to go with me for a few hours. But after that he took me to court, and it became a constant battle for finding times to spend with the kids because he turned selfish and wanted custody of the kids for him. It felt since he wasn’t working as much as he claimed I was that I had to fight to get custody of the kids. So, then, this brought me to my lawyer, who worked the best he could in helping me get custody of the kids. And in the meanwhile, Thomas went through his lawyer, and I, only was granted visiting hours with the kids. And as it turned out, I couldn’t stay with Brody after all until the divorce proceedings were all over because Thomas kept putting on my shoulders, that in moving in with Brody was being held against me. So, I got myself this place through the local paper, and it turned out to be what he wouldn’t expect me to buy, a cabin with a lighthouse in the distance, and it was on the water, so, I could bring the kids over there whenever I was allowed to. And there, I could spend time with the kids though I couldn’t possibly be a full-time mother, this way.

Brody kept coming to visit me over at the cabin, and he, too, loved the kids more than he did before the divorce started going through. However, I was doing everything I could to stop it, however this didn’t work out. And had to keep meeting with my lawyer which took up some of my time, and kept me away from seeing the kids, sometimes.

In fact, since, the kids sensed that the family, never, will be the same like it used to be, then, they started pulling away from me. And they got to the extent when I would visit them, or pick them up to bring them over to the cabin, they would tend to cry or even pull away from me at times. So, that I had to hold them, very tightly, and treat them like I did when they were babies. I found that they needed me more than ever, and this wasn’t possible, I knew, because Thomas, still, wanted full custody for the kids At least, he kept fighting for it. And on the other hand, I also had to fight for getting an alimony check from him, every month, to be able to support the kids, my way, even though, he thought he was the one who should be getting the check because after all, the kids were living at his house most of the time.

Also, I had to fight to get rights to move in with Brody even though if I did do this, Thomas jus might hold this against me, and tell his lawyer I was having an affair with Brady. And then, it would get to my lawyer, and possibly end my privileges for having the children over at my place, my cabin, which wasn’t much of a home to begin with. And it would take awhile for the kids to understand, that I, mommy, couldn’t be with them at their games or whenever they wanted me to be with them.

After a couple months of work with my lawyer, I, finally, got full custody of the kids, and then, in order, to accomplish this, I had to give up my business at the retail store to show, I could be a real mother to my kids. However, I continued sales right from the cabin over the internet, and got paid for it which money, I earned could stop me from having my right to full custody. However, I still was able to take care of the two kids, and have my business without leaving my home, only, to do things with kids, and to provide from them like clothes, food and things, and go to their ball games.

No comments: