Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THE DISAPPEARANCE BY CHERYL V. IN PROGRESS

THE DISAPPEARANCE BY CHERYL V.
Cher Bear walked, aimlessly, around the mountains in North Carolina as she couldn’t miss the blue haze of the mountains. She spent hours hiking amongst the mountains from daylight to dusk, trying to find a place where she would feel comfortable.
However, she wasn’t considering stopping anywhere jus yet until she came across the Smoky Mountains when it, almost, was dusk, this one evening. And all around her, she couldn’t fail to see how the sun seemed to be falling behind the mountain range. This seemed to leave this foggy haze all around her as she was at the peak of the range.
And all she has on her mind at this time of night, is trying to find a spot where she can jus rest her weary muscles as she jus, finally, set down her backpack. And then, with such a thirst in her mouth, she, then, gulped down some water from a big bottle.
Then, amongst a bunch of trees which she could see in the distance, she thought she saw something move through the trees. Instead she decided that it was her mind, playing some tricks on her. But then, as she stared down below the mountains, something seemed to catch her eye as its, barely, light outside, yet, not, completely, dark.
What she did see down there was a woman and a guy, actually, going after each other. The two were having a fist fight, and this, really, seemed to catch her eye.
Then, after a few minutes, the guy, actually, turned around, and punched the girl right in the face. Jus after he ended up giving her, a black eye. The last punch from this guy, sent her down to the rocks which she, now, was lying on. However, the rocks seemed to, miraculously, catch her fall.
However, not knowing if she’s jus seeing things. She thought she saw the guy. Bend over the girl until her face seemed to look very bloody and ghastly-looking. And Cher Bear seemed to have seen this guy from where she stood on the mountain top. Actually, murder this girl until she couldn’t take anymore. And therefore, seemed to lie there on the rocks, lifeless. To Cher Bear, the guy seemed to have gotten, exactly, what he wanted from this girl, once and for all.
Then, as quickly, as the guy and woman had come over to the rocks from the river, they seemed to disappear from sight. At first, Cher Bear thought she was jus seeing things, however she then, realized she, really, jus saw the guy and woman, actually, fighting on the rocks jus below the mountains where she was, now, standing in a state of shock.
She couldn’t seem to get herself out of this state of shock. And it seemed like some guy came along, and actually, saw her, lying on the top of the mountains as she had slipped and fallen. However, it’s a good thing that the surface of the mountains was not hard, because she could have hurt herself, very badly.
So, then, thinking that she’s sleeping on the mountains, the guy, Brody, then, carried her in his arms ever so delicately over to his cabin which was not far away from the area where he happened to find her, Cher Bear.
Jus as he reached his cabin, he then, carried her right inside, and set her upon a day bed in the living room area of his cabin. There, she didn’t seem to respond to his touch as he touched her arm. So, then, he jus remained, right there, by her for about a half hour.
Then, right after the half hour went by, she, suddenly, seemed to come out of her state of shock. And then, she said to him, wondering where in the world, she was at, “Where am I, and who are you, may I ask? You seem to look, oddly, familiar; however I can’t seem to place you at this time.”
“No, I don’t think, I ever met you before, my dear. I was walking on the top of the mountains, Smoky Mountains, when I jus happened to come a cross you. You were lying on the ground, and I thought, you were fast asleep at first. However, when I was carrying you over to my cabin, here, I noticed you open and then, close your eyes with a curious look on your face. Why were you lying on the top of the mountains? Are you alright, my dear?”
“Yes, I seem to feel alright, and I see that you, also, remembered to bring my backpack and bottle with you, too which I can see over there on your table. By the way, my name’s Cher Bear; I’ve been spending hours and hours, walking through the mountains. I’ve been trying to find a place where I would like to settle down, and maybe, get a job over at a diner, somewhere. Does there happen to be a diner in town, may I ask?”
“Yes, Cher Bear, in fact, there’s a diner not too far from my cabin. Would you like me to drive you down there? However, first, I think you need a change of clothes, and something to eat and drink. When’s the last time, you had anything to eat or drink? You appear to have a skinny frame, and look like you need something in your stomach, very badly. You jus lie here, and I’ll bring you back, a good meal, and some Ensure which on a daily basis, will help you gain some weight which you need on your bones before you become Anorexic. And we don’t want that to happen, do we, my dear?”
“I guess you’re right, and in fact, what’s your name, may I ask?”
“My name’s Brody, in fact, I think Cher Bear is a nice name. By the way, I’m going to the kitchen, and you just stay here and rest because you, really, need it. You’d better rest all you can because you look kind of weary. So, I’ll go right to my kitchen and fix you up my famous omelet and some toast and bacon. Also, I’ll bring you some Gator Aid; you need some of that, too.”
So, in the meantime, he walked over to his kitchen, and opened up his refrigerator. He got out some butter, eggs, bread, and bacon. Then, he went to his cupboards, and got out a pan. Upon putting the pan on the stove, he melted some butter.
And then, after the butter was melted, he, then, broke some eggs right into the pan. And after a few minutes, he added some bacon. And while he waited for the eggs and bacon to cook, he, then, toasted a couple slices of whole wheat bread into his toaster.
And in a few minutes, everything was ready, and then, he placed the eggs and bacon on a plate. Then, he added the toast after buttering it up.
Then, he set the pan in the sink, and brought the plate of food over to Cher Bear. And he wasn’t surprised that she ate every bit of her food besides drinking down a lot of Gator Aid with it.
After she’s done eating, he then, took the plate from her, and walked back into the kitchen. And then, he set the plate in the sink, and vowed to himself, to clean up the kitchen before he went to bed. However, being it’s about nine o’clock in the evening, already, he figured he’d wait until morning. And then, in the morning, clean up all the mess in the kitchen. However, at least, he added some water to the pan, so, that it could soak until morning.
Since, he used to be a doctor at one time before he got into an auto accident, and hurt his back, badly, he, then, got out his doctor bag out of his office. And then, upon walking back into the living room area, he saw that she, still, is awake but getting very sleepy being she’s very tired from all that walking, she’s been doing through the mountains.
But, anyways, he went ahead, and checked her out, very thoroughly, giving her, a physical. Since, she already told him by the weary look on her face and her tired eyes, that she wasn’t in peak physical condition. He, then, upon checking her out, found that she had a little bit of a temperature and a slight fever.
So, then, he made her, stay on the day bed, and after giving her, some hot chocolate to help break the fever.
He made her go to sleep early; however, she didn’t seem to be able to fall asleep until about an hour later.
She hadn’t, really, done much talking, that night. And he figured it’s because she isn’t feeling up to par. So, then, he wanted to make sure, she didn’t fall off the day bed, that night. And since, he wanted to check up on her, every so often, to make sure, she’s alright and sleeping, peacefully. He, then, pulled the blue sleeping bag from underneath the day bed. And then, he stayed up awhile jus because he’s worried about her condition. Since, he found her, lying on the mountains, not too long ago, that very evening.
When the morning came around, upon awaking, he noticed that she’s, still, somewhat sound asleep, yet. However, he has the feeling; she’ll be awake, soon, being that he jus figured out. She has been doing an awful lot of walking which could have been days and nights. So, he isn’t going to allow her to leave his cabin.
In fact, he doesn’t think, she’s ready to even consider any work over at the diner, yet, even though, he’s aware, the place is hiring waitresses. Anyways, jus before she awakened that morning, and he has something to eat, some toast because he couldn’t wait for her to wake up.
He, then, called over at the diner to talk to the boss of the place, Debbie, jus because the two happen to know each other very well. That’s, although, she’s a lot older than he is. And that he thinks that he never will and never has considered dating her for any reason.
So, jus as he called over at the diner, Cher Bear happened to wake up some. So, even though, he didn’t know it at the time. She was eavesdropping on him while he made his call over to the diner, that morning.
And upon the owner, Debbie, answering the phone, she’s very surprised to hear Brody’s voice, although, the two are good pals, jus like mother and son.
So, she said to him with much urgency, “Boy, this is sure one big surprise for you to call over here at the diner. Usually, you don’t spark up any conversation with me unless you are over here at the diner. So, what do you have on your mind, this morning, anything interesting?”
“Hello, Debbie, its sure nice hearing your voice. In fact, you happened to mention to me that you need waitresses over there at the diner. In fact, I don’t know when this certain girl will be ready to put in her application over there. However, I jus happened to pick up this young woman, Cher Bear, over on the mountains not far from my cabin. And she jus happened to mention to me, that she would like to work over at a diner as cook. Oh, I see she jus woke up; jus a minute, I’ll put her on the phone.”
So, jus as he walked over to Cher Bear to hand her, the phone, he said to her in an anxious voice, “Guess what, Cher Bear, I have the owner of the diner on the phone. And she needs a cook, pretty bad, right now over at the diner because one of her cooks has jus quit his job, there.
Trying to catch his breath, he said to her, “In fact, when I was over there, yesterday, eating breakfast. Because I was on a run over to my agent’s house for another project to work on. I jus happened to show her, my latest project. And jus by glancing through the first couple of pages on her break. She let me know, she jus loved the introduction. That she thought it would be a sure fire to be a money maker and be published.”
So, as Cher Bear took the cell phone from Brody, she said to the owner, “I don’t, really, live right here in the town. However, as of yesterday, I started living with Brody because I have no other place to go right now. And since, I came from Boston, and it’s far away from here. I doubt if I’ll be going back there, any time, soon, at least, not to live there. I’ve grown quite distant from my family, although, I keep contact with my mother, every so often.”
“Brody jus got through telling me about you, and from what he’s told me. You seem like the perfect person to work under me as a cook. And since, he jus let me know, you were looking for a job or, at least, considering a job as a cook. That I have an opening for you if you would like to consider it whenever you’re ready to settle down in town. How does this sound to you?”
“Oh, I’m very flattered that you, yourself, jus offered me a job over at the diner, there. And I have plenty of cooking experience from back in Boston. I’m feeling better than I have been feeling. Since, I’ve been walking all those hours, night and day. I think I would like to give it a try at working under you jus because Brody told me a lot about you that I, really, like. So, when can I come over there, and have an interview with you?”
“How about sometime this morning, whenever you can make it over here. But this morning would be the best time to talk to me before the daily rush comes in. And I get swamped with customers from all over the mountains.”
“This sounds, really, good to me. In fact, what time

No comments: