Friday, September 26, 2008

OCTOBER NEWSLETTER-2008

I am starting college in 2 weeks. I think it is a good, it will also better me at the end. I had a lot of setbacks where I didn’t know where to start now that I’m back on track. I am putting myself through on college. I never thought that I will go to college after high school. I didn’t know where I would be. A lot of people have setbacks but don’t let it stop you from what you want to do in life. It’s never too late; it’s only too late when you don’t try.
It took me a long time to realize that I didn’t it now I am happy that I am going. I think it would be along time to realize that but I didn’t it now I am happy that I am going. I think it would be a good experience for me. `
GHOSTS
Practically every culture on Earth since the dawn of time have had ghosts as part of their legends. Although not every culture has the same beliefs as to exactly what a ghost is, most of them agree that ghosts have something to do with the spirit or energy
Of the dead. Some claim that ghosts are the spirits that have not been able to find their
Way to the afterlife for one reason or another, that has either been left behind on Earth, or is making a visit to Earth from the afterlife.
Most legends agree that ghosts are either completely invisible or very hard to see resembling mist or shadow. Considering that ghost have no physical body, you wouldn’t expect to see much. Visible or not, ghosts are said to have some control over the physical world, whether it be from merely allowing people to feel their presence or by causing chaos by breaking things and making noises.
Most religions claim that a soul (if they believe in one) passes on either to an afterlife or into another body. Some cultures believe that ghosts are capable of possessing a living person and forcing them to say and do things against their will. There are several

GHOSTS CONT.
Documented cases of people claiming to be attacked, violated, or plagued by ghosts. GHOSTS ARE OFTEN SAID TO HAUNT OR FREQUENT A PARTICULAR AREA. SPECIFICIALLY, they supposedly haunt houses, graveyards, and areas of disaster.

Ghosts have become a large part of pop culture as well. The ghost story is a very common genre of campfire tales, and [these] are usually made to scare or entertain children. Hollywood has, of course, gotten a hold of the ghost idea and made plenty of movies regarding ghosts.

Most skeptics claim that ghosts do not exist, and attribute the phenomena with wind, optical illusions, gullibility, and good old fashioned lying. Still, most people believe in ghosts in one form or another, and many people claim to have witnessed a ghost first hand. Because Halloween is based on the spirits of the dead, ghost are fully integrated into the holiday. Most cultures (Latin American, Japan, etc.) show deep respect for the spirits of the dead, but in the United States ghosts are usually viewed as playful white bed sheets that are cute and silly.
http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Halloween/Monsters/Halloween-Ghosts.html

CAMP CAVELL

Eight of us, Blue Water Clubhouse members, had an enjoyable vacation at Camp Cavell in Lexington, August 23rd & 24th.

We gals had a very large and spacious cabin with a kitchen, family room, and bed space
And two baths. The men in their cabin next to us, had a bit smaller cabin but very nice.
We gals also had a fireplace with wood provided.


Page 1
MY EXPERIENCE AT SC4 by Daniel Durst

BLUE WATER OUTLOOK
Page 1
BLUE WATER OUTLOOK

No comments: