Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THROWN INTO THE SEA BY CHERYL V. - STORY IN PROGRESS

THROWN INTO THE SEA

Michael and Cher Bear were inside his cranberry Cadillac Sebring on their way to go on their cruise on Lake St. Clair, one fine sunny day with hardly any clouds in the sky. He was getting very frustrated because the traffic was very heavy. And he was afraid that they were going to be late and not make it on the boat on time.

However, jus when he thought, they weren’t going to make it in time to their cruise; he pulled into the parking lot. And then, in seeing some other couples, boarding the boat, they ran as fast as their feet could carry them. And when they reached the boat, they, actually, ran up the stairs, and were taking their seats when the boat took off for its destination.

Michael felt like a drink, so, then, he said to her, “C’mon honey, let’s go to the inside of the boat. How about if we both have a drink to celebrate our night on the boat?”

“I don’t know if I should have any drinks being that I’m on all this medicine for epilepsy. And for one thing, alcohol doesn’t mix with any medications.”

“Oh, c’mon here, now, one little drink of wine is not going to affect you at all. This wine which they serve on this boat has very low alcohol content in it. So, how about one drink of wine, and it’ll be on me.”

“Alright, then, Mike, but I’m not going to have anything other than the white wine. It’s the only wine which I know to have hardly any alcohol in it.”

So, then, he took her by the hand being that it’s dusk now, and it’s hard to see where they’re going being that the sun is down by this time. And as they reached the entrance of the inside of the boat, they, finally, could see that in this other part of the boat, it’s all lighted up. Also, not only is there a bar inside the boat, however, some couples are heading to a few of the rooms on the floor jus above for some moonlighting.

However, Michael and Cher Bear didn’t even have moonlighting on their minds, as the two of them wanted to spend some time near the bar area where there are a few tables. Also, in that area, there’s a good sized dancing floor where they can have a couple of dances if they wish to do so.

So, as the two reached the bar, the bartender appeared so official-looking with his special black suit on with pin stripes in it underneath his black bartender apron. And as Michael and Cher Bear sat down at the bar, Michael said to the bartender, “I would like a couple of glasses of white wine if you have it, here.”

“Sure, we do, sir, we, always, serve the finest drinks, here, during every cruise which this boat takes down the beautiful lake of St. Clair. Would you like a cherry in each one, too, sir?”

“Yes, we would, sir, and along with the white wine, we both would like an appetizer, a shrimp cocktail would be the best way for the two of us, to spend the evening on this boat.”

So, then, as soon as the bartender served them, their drinks, Cher Bear wasn’t wide awake at the time, so, she was unaware of Michael spiking her drink. And as soon as she has a few sips of the wine, she simply didn’t want anymore. However, he insisted she drink all of her wine simply because the drinks were very expensive on the cruise. And he didn’t want to end up throwing any of his money spent on her, down the drain.

So, as soon as they both finished their drinks, she jus sat there at the bar with him as he spent about an hour, drinking a few beers. And jus after he finished his last beer, he said to her, “Let’s take a walk over to the edge of the boat. Don’t worry about not being able to see where you’re going because being there’s a full moon, tonight, you’ll have plenty of light coming from the moon, itself.”

So, as the two walked out the entrance of the inside part of the boat, he, then, got into a fight with her jus because he was stone drunk. And she didn’t go for him, taking her to the outside of the boat, simply, because she was having trouble, seeing where she was going. And as soon as they reached the edge of the boat, she found herself, hanging onto the fencing on the boat because she could hardly stand up, anymore as he kept punching her in the face. And when she couldn’t take anymore, he could sense this in her. So, then, he, actually, grabbed her, as she was screaming bloody murder by now. And then, he threw her right into the water.

Now, she was fighting to stay afloat, and being that the shore wasn’t too far away, she, frantically, found herself, swimming as fast as she could to the shore. And when she couldn’t swim, anymore, as the shore, now, seemed to be further than she had anticipated, it seemed, as though, she couldn’t breathe, anymore.

Being that the water temperature, actually, brought her body temperature down past freezing, this stopped her from drowning. And then, she slipped into a coma, and, actually, started floating to shore.

It seemed to take a long time for her to re ach the shore. However, once, she reached the shore, it jus so happened to be another guy, a stranger to her, walking down the shoreline. And it was only an hour later when the guy happened to notice Cher Bear’s body, floating near the shore.

So, then, he hurriedly grabbed her into his arms, and then, he quickly carried her up to his cabin which wasn’t far away at all. And upon him, reaching it, he walked inside with Cher Bear, still, in his arms. And right away, he took off her wet clothes, and wrapped her in several warm blankets including a heating blanket.

In what seemed like jus about an hour later or so, she, suddenly, came out of her coma. And he has been lying on the floor in a sleeping bag, jus waiting for her to come out of her coma. Since, she was talking to herself, it woke him up, so, then, he walked over to her, and said to her in a desperate voice, “What is your name, my dear? Can you remember your name, or do you know where you are, or how you got here, in the first place?”

“No, I can’t remember anything; by the way, where am I, right now? Here, I am lying on this couch, here, with hardly any clothes on. And I can’t seem to remember a darn thing.”

“Well, for one thing, my dear, I found you, lying in a coma on the shore. So, then, I carried you inside my cabin, here, and wrapped you in all those blankets. Do you want anything to eat or drink at this time? You must be very hungry and thirsty by now.”

“Yes, I would like something to eat and drink. If you have any bread, I would like some eggs and toast, and some coffee, that’s decaffeinated or some decaffeinated tea or I think some hot chocolate would be better.”

“Some hot chocolate and eggs and toast are coming your way. In fact, don’t you remember me, at all? I’m your husband, Ted, and these three kids by the couch are all mine and yours, too.”

“I don’t remember getting married to you, though, and neither do I remember the children either.”

“Well, we are all your family and we were married jus a few years ago. And jus after we got married, you were pregnant with triplets. And that’s why you have three kids to your name.”

So, then, he walked to the kitchen, and made some eggs and toast and hot chocolate for her. In fact, he jus threw the eggs into the pan and made some scrambled eggs. And in the meantime, he toasted some bread for her in the toaster.

As he brought all this food back to her, he has her, sit up on the couch with a portable tray on her lap. And as he set the food on the tray, the kids sat down next to her, and while she ate, none of the kids knew what to say to her because at first, none of them thought she was their mother.

However, Ted said to his kids which was hard for them to accept at the time, “Hey, kids, she is your mother from my last marriage. Now, my dear Cher Bear, it jus so happened, I found you near the shore line. Then, I brought you to the cabin to warm up while you, my dear kids were in another room, playing at the time. She has been, here, on the couch for about an hour or so. You kids were too young when I split up with her. That’s why none of you remember her.”

Then, he said to all of his kids, “Now, it’s time for all of you to go to bed. C’mon, your mother has to get her beauty sleep, and get a chance to recover for she has been in a coma. Now, get going and hurry upstairs to bed before you kids get me mad, and I have to spank each one of you.”

So, then, all of the kids, finally, accepted her as their mother. And
Even though, it’s hard for Cher Bear to accept them as her kids, she did make an effort to believe Ted, and the kids were all her family. And she couldn’t even remember having a boyfriend, Michael, who has been the one, who got her into this coma after throwing her overboard on a cruise boat.

Then, all of the kids ran up the stairs to their room as they all shared one room jus because they are triplets. And jus after they all were upstairs, then, he said to Cher Bear, “Now, jus lay on the couch and rest; you need all the rest, you can possibly get now. I put the television on for you, so, that you can watch it. There’s a good movie on right now which I think, you’ll love watching.”

“Will you stay right here in the room with me, in case I grow tired of watching television, and want to go to sleep for the night?”

“Sure, I will, my dear Cher Bear. In fact, I’ll stay right here on the couch with you. Will that be alright for you, my dear?”

“Of course, I don’t mind you being with me on the couch. By the way, you’re my husband, so, you deserve to spend all the time, and you can with me.”

So, then, after Cher Bear and Ted sat on the couch, together, as soon as the movie was over with, he then, said to her in a loving way as if he’s her real husband, “My dear Cher Bear, it’s getting late; it’s going on eleven o’clock, so, don’t you think, you should get some sleep, now? Since, you’re my wife, when the morning comes around; you’re going to have plenty on your hands, now. If you feel that you’re ready to do housework, again, by tomorrow morning, you can do some.”

“As far as housework goes, I think I should wait about a week to attempt any because you said I jus came out of a coma. I need my rest real badly now, that is my main concern at this time.”

“But your main concern is going to be getting the kids, their breakfast in the morning, and then, getting them all off to school. Since, they all are very smart for their age, although, the kids are only old enough to go to elementary school, they’ve been attending junior high, already. Not only that, I’m sending every one of them to boarding school, tomorrow. So, it jus might be quite emotional for you to say goodbye to them in the morning.”

“Are you sure, you’re doing the right thing by sending the kids to boarding school? I think that it’s going to be quite strict for the kids to be able to go to such a school as this.”

“It’s going to be a private school which my mother, herself, attended when she was younger. In fact, she’s the one who told me about this school. Don’t worry about the kids; you’ll be able to keep in touch with them through me, taking you to see them, every weekend. So, now, don’t try to walk up the stairs, yet, being you might be a bit unstable, yet. Here, let me, help you, put a jogging suit on; my wife left me, and left some of her clothes, here. So, I’m sure her clothes will fit you being she was the same size as you.”

So, then, she allowed him to help her off of the couch after he set the portable tray aside. And then, being the kids were asleep by now, he, then, took her into another room which has the blinds closed. And there, he helped her into a green jogging suit. And afterwards, he carried her back to the couch. And then, he turned the television off, and after he has her, comfortable on the couch with a heating blanket on top of her to keep her, warm, he, then, fell asleep on the floor near her on a sleeping bag jus in case during the night or morning, she needed any help at all.

No comments: