Friday, December 12, 2008

MARTIN COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD BY CHERYL V.

MARTIN COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD

CHAPTER I

So, then Rob and I jus stood on the porch for a few minutes, holding each other. However, since, we both wanted to get away from the cabin for awhile. Then, he too, me by the hand, and we started walking down the stairs until we reached the bottom of the stairs.

And as we were jus ready to embark on the four-wheeler, before my eyes, I thought I saw a vision of Martin on that four-wheeler. Being I wasn’t sure whether he, really, was on it, then, I said to Rob, feeling, suddenly, very puzzled inside.

“You won’t believe what I jus saw, Rob. I know you, badly, want to get away with me through the mountains on that four-wheeler of yours. However, I had a vision, of Martin, being seated on that four-wheeler of yours. Also, I don’t know if I’m seeing things. However, isn’t that yours, which, suddenly, pulled out of your driveway and heading on its way down the streets?”

“I can’t believe my eyes, either, my dear. That four-wheeler of mine has jus pulled out into the hilly streets. And, really, it has been on its way down the street, here. However, I don’t know if it, really, was mine, which jus seemed to fly down the streets. C’mon, let’s walk over to where I, usually, keep my four-wheeler, and that way, we’ll know if we’re jus seeing things. However, if it doesn’t seem to come back before our eyes. Then, we’ll know, for sure, that it, actually, took off with no one inside of it. By that, I mean a human being.”

“What you’re saying, is that your four-wheeler could be haunted. And neither of us, not, really, knowing if we’re seeing things, or if Martin, really, appeared inside it. And took off without either of us, having a chance to catch up to it.”

So, as we walked up to where, he, Rob, usually, keeps it in the driveway, he said to me in a scared voice, which didn’t sound at all like his, “According to what I’m seeing before my eyes, is jus your black and white Chevy in the driveway. Your four-wheeler, actually, has seemed to, mysteriously; appear down the streets, now.”

I, suddenly, felt the ground underneath my feet, shake jus before the four-wheeler pulled out of his driveway.

So, I was jus standing, there, shaking like a leaf.

Neither she nor I knew what else to say. So, then, he took my hand, again. However, the spookiness inside of me, caused my hand to jus seem to slip away from his, which made me, turn kind of angry.

However, anyways, the two of us started heading down the hilly streets of Asheville in the direction which we saw the four-wheeler go. And on the way down the streets, suddenly, we both noticed it, coming back in our direction.

So, then, it was coming towards us, so fast. It, actually, made the street underneath our feet; actually, move like if an earthquake tremor was starting up.

We had to run to the side of the street. And that, we, almost, ended up, getting run over by the darn thing.

So, then, we jus both headed back down the street to his cabin after we both got steady on our feet, again, after the ground stopped moving. All the while on our way back, our hearts kept racing and my heart was skipping a beat jus because Martin scared me, on purpose, jus because he wanted to be back in my life, again.

However, as we arrived back at the cabin, the four-wheeler was in the driveway, exactly, where it had been the night before right in the driveway.

And neither Rob nor I even saw any vision of Martin, anywhere near the vehicle. And neither of us could even start to comprehend what was going on at the time.

So, we both followed our instincts, which seemed to lead us back up to the top porch of his cabin.

However, as we walked up, there, the stairs seemed to move on their own, almost, knocking us off of the stairs.

And once, with much effort, we reached the top porch. At first, neither Rob nor I was having any vision of Martin, there. To us, at this time, felt that we needed some rest being we had, practically, ran up the stairs to the top porch.

So, then, the two of us grabbed a bottle a water, upon walking inside the cabin and into the kitchen. And we both were so thirsty that in a matter of minutes, our bottles were empty.

Upon him, tossing the bottles into the sink, the bottles seemed to bounce right out of the sin. Then, they flew back at us as if they had a mind of their own.

Feeling a little stunned from this, he leaned over to pick up the bottles. Then, he tossed them into the garbage pail underneath the sink as the pail seemed to, almost; move out from underneath the sink.

So, as we, then, walked into the bedroom, we both were, actually, feeling the cabin, rock underneath our feet at this time.

Then, as we approached the bed, I thought I saw a vision of Martin on our bed.

However, as Rob and I reached the bed, we both, actually, saw the blue and white quilt on the bed, wrinkle up.

Then, as he hopped onto the bed along with me, both of us ended up, getting tossed off of the bed.

Upon us both getting up off of the floor, feeling quite stunned at this time, and onto our feet, we could jus sense Martin being on the bed, as the quilt started moving, again, along with the pillows, landing on top of each other.
Jus at that time, both Rob and I versioned Martin, lying on top of the bed.

He was wearing the very same clothes, I last had seen on him, wearing on the day of his death, all covered with blood because he had killed himself, once, with a knife.

Also, the very knife, which he had used on himself, was all covered with blood.

So, then, I grabbed a pair of plastic gloves from the desk drawer. I, then, carefully, picked up the knife upon putting on the pair of plastic gloves, and tossed the knife right into a wastebasket inside the bedroom.

Rob and I both jus got the shock of our lives. Neither of us knew what to do next.

So, then, I heard Rob saying to Martin in a desperate voice, “How come your clothes are all filled with dry blood? Did you, commit suicide with the knife, she jus found? You did, didn’t you? However, how come you’re jus lying on my and Cherry’s waterbed?”

“I guess I must have come back from the dead. And I’m lying on the very bed, on which I had killed myself.”

“How can that be true when you were in St. Clair when your’ suicide occurred? “

“The bed had been moved into this cabin, because I used to own this cabin, at one time, right before my death?”

Then, Rob said to him, “This makes me, feeling quite creepy inside. Is it true, Cherry, that he used to own this cabin?”

“I’m afraid that it’s true, Rob. I hadn’t realized this until now, though, that he used to own this cabin back then. He never told me when he was alive, back then, that he had ownership of this cabin at any time.”

“If you can hear me, Martin, moves your right hand, and holds it out to me.”

So, then, he did move his hand, and try to reach out to me. I was so shocked, that I, actually, fainted. And then, Rob had to help me off of the floor. However, I didn’t seem to be hurt in any way.

As I got back my composure, I said to Martin, in a frantic voice, “I know and believe you have come back from the dead. However, why did you have to come back jus as Rob and I have moved in, together?”

“For one thing, I never was, completely, dead to begin with. And I had been buried while, still, being alive. However, fullerenes which had to had been given to me jus before I left the hospital to be taken to the morgue, have kept my body, had kept my body in a temperature, which had kept me, from dying, completely, but in a near death state. So, I have been buried for a few years time like this.”

After pausing to catch his breath, he said to Rob and me, “I didn’t know where to go because I’m lost, here, in North Carolina.”






























CHAPTER II

Then, Rob said in a frantic voice, “C’mon, what’s going on, here? Since, when are you, invited into this bedroom?”

“I’m inside this room, now, because I have turned into a ghost. And this is the very bed, which I took my life on. I am having the feeling, though, that cherry, who used to be mine, has been living, here, in this cabin with you.”

“What is it, you want with us? I don’t know if you realize this. However, Cherry, has been my girlfriend, ever since, we met a couple of months ago over at Kellerman’s Resort, here, on the Blue Ridge Mountains in the heart of North Carolina. Another thing is that she’s pregnant with your baby, and is going to have twins in two months or so. Is that why you came back to life, or are there other reasons why you did?”

“Well, I know this is shocking for both of you. However, the main reason, I came back,” as the blood disappeared from his clothes, “Is that I never was supposed to die to begin with. I had a brain tumor when I was living, and had surgery for it. And when I had been pronounced dead over at the hospital, the doctor jus assumed I, still, had that brain tumor. So, in a way, he wanted me, dead, because he’s the one, who had to have given me, those fullerenes.”

Upon getting his breath, because he was in a state of shock, he said to me and Rob, “However, the doctor was very wrong about the whole thing of me, having been dead before I was buried in the cemetery. The fullerenes, which he had given me, only, made me, appear like I had been dead. So, that is why I came back into your lives, hoping I could get Cherry back in my life, and be a father to her twins when they were born.”

So, very puzzled, Rob said to him, “Why didn’t you, tell us to take you to the hospital? You don’t look good at all with all those fullerenes in your body. They must be doing more harm than good to your body. So, now, Cherry and I will, gladly, take you, there. However, soon, we’ll have to solve this matter of who’s going to be the father of her twins when they’re born, one way or another. Will you agree on joint fathering for the twins, or are you, desperate to fight me for custody of the twins?”

“Well, first, before I can give you both, a definite answer, will you agree to me, living with you both, because I have no place to live at this time?

When Martin got out of the hospital, then, Rob and I were going to make a deal with him on that matter. If necessary, we were going to bring him to court about the custody of the twins, as well as if he was going to be allowed to live in Rob’s cabin.

So, then, although Rob and I are in a state of shock, we, still, took charge of getting him to the hospital. That was, although, he, still, could be a ghost. And we didn’t know if he could be treated over there, as him, being a ghost, either.

So, then, Rob said to him, “Now, before we, really, get into this matter, if you can get up, please walk or fly over to my Chevy, there, parked in the driveway. Then, Cherry and I will see to it, that you get over to the hospital.”

“But the thing is I’m feeling so weak. That I can’t even get out of bed. So, I think you two should carry me out there to the Chevy. Or call an ambulance to take me, over there.”

“We can carry you out to the car. So, don’t worry about an ambulance. However, I think I should call for one being you don’t appear to look so hot, and appear to be so pale, so deathly looking. And another thing is that you’ve seemed to come back from the dead. That you’ll need some fluids and food in your body as soon as possible. That is if you can transform yourself into having a human body.

I tried to comfort Martin while Rob called for an ambulance for him. However, upon picking up the phone, Rob put it down, again. So, then, Rob and I decided to carry him out to the car. And Rob and I found him, almost, weightless, because he, still, apparently, was a ghost.

Once, he was lying inside the Chevy, and secured down with rope to the seat. So, that he wouldn’t fly out of the car. Rob and I, then, hopped into the Chevy.

Once, we all arrived at the hospital, and Martin was taken to the emergency ward in a wheelchair. As Rob and I followed the intern, who wheeled him into the hospital and over to the emergency ward, the doctor, immediately, checked him out upon us, laying Martin on one of the beds, there. However, neither Rob nor I would tell him, Martin was a ghost, because, then, he might jus chase him out of the hospital.

Martin appeared to be very weak and pale, yet. So, the doctor thought, he had a virus. So, then, the doctor gave him, some medicine to combat viruses. Also, he received fluids and a thorough examination along with vitamins and iron through his IV.

The fullerenes were detected through a blood test. So, then, surgery was performed on Martin, and the fullerenes were removed from his body. And he was darn lucky, that they didn’t cause any undue harm to his body.

So, then, Rob and I needed to go back home to the cabin to be alone. And after awhile, upon calling over at the hospital, Martin was out of surgery. So, then, Rob and I didn’t come right back to the hospital, that night, being that Martin needed his rest, now, after having been transformed back into a human being. And another thing was that the anesthesia had left him, feeling very groggy, too groggy to receive any more visitors. And he was kept overnight for observation and to make sure, there were no more fullerenes left in his body.

So, when Rob and I were ready to leave Martin’s room, jus before going back home, he had said to us, “I hope we all can work something out for me and you, Rob and Cherry. So, that Rob and I both can be a father to the twins when they get born. And I don’t know how I’m going to work this out. I, still, love Cherry. And I know, by now, that you Rob, are in love with her because why else would you two be living together?”



Then, I was a little bit shocked at what Martin jus said to us, however, then, I said to him, “The matter, right now, is that I had gone to the Kellerman’s Resort, here, in North Carolina on the Blue Ridge Mountains, to do some boyfriend hunting. And it jus happened from the very first date with Rob, that he and I, then, really, took a liking to each other. Then, because we had been seeing each other, every day, we both fell in love with each other. And then, because I, then, realized, I had fallen in love with him at first sight, we wanted to move in together to take our relationship, even further.”

Then, Rob said to him, “Because we wanted to live in my cabin, together, we decided on that arrangement, because Cherry’s pregnant. And at the present, she’s about six months along, and I agreed with her, that I would be the father of her twins when they’re born. So, we both wanted to have a family. And when we decided on this, then, at the time, we had no idea, that you were going to come back into our lives. So, at the present, I know and am very much aware, that the twins, she’s going to have in a few months, really, are yours. However, we don’t know how we’re going to work out this father arrangement. And then, we don’t know how long you are going to stick around in our lives. So, this may create a problem for me and Cherry.”

Then, Martin happened to fall asleep, however, that night, since, Martin’s not ready to come out of the hospital, jus yet, and needs to be hydrated with fluids. Then, although, the visiting hours weren’t over yet, Rob and I, then, hopped into his car. And then, we were off back to his cabin.

As we arrived, there, it’s, already, dusk, however, as we walked inside his cabin, I was thinking, “Although, the twins, really, belong to Martin, I hope that being he’s, actually, a ghost. That he doesn’t want to live over at the cabin, because I have no idea where he’s going to sleep. This is because Martin isn’t going to be allowed to sleep in the same bed with Rob and me. Actually, he doesn’t even want Martin around, because he, really, doesn’t seem to dig this thing about joint fathering for the twins.

Rob feels like he’s, really, the father of the twins when they’re born, because Martin has been out of my life for some time. And another thing is, that I, really, don’t how I am going to offer Martin, my love, being that I don’t think, I have any more feelings for him, anymore. And if I jus do happen to get some feelings back for him. That when the twins are born in a few months, they won’t understand, that Martin, actually, is their real father. And that Rob jus agreed to be their father, and hoped that Martin wouldn’t spoil it all for him, me, or the twins for that matter.

So, then, Rob and I jus decided, being that tonight is a night of a full moon. That the full moon would be jus perfect for a romance night for us. So, then, Rob and I jus hopped into his bed, and then, got into some romance, that night.

So, the two of us felt all this fire, building up inside of us, and at this time, I can’t seem to get Martin out of my mind, because I know that if he sticks around until the twins are born. Then, he jus might, somehow, stir up those feelings for him, which I had felt for him when he was, still, alive.

Anyways, Rob and I got ourselves into some kissing, and before we realized, what was going on between us, we were getting into our usual French kissing. And he jus loves doing this between us. So, after we were into French kissing and, also, touching each other all over for about a half hour or so, things became a little deeper for us. Then, I jus hopped on top of him, and before we were aware of what was happening between us, the two of us were making love. And at this time, our love felt so free between us, however, what was it going to be like when we would have to take Martin into our home?

When we were into making love for about an hour or so, the phone rang. And then, it seemed to, abruptly, stop between us. And I, really, didn’t like this happening between us, especially, when we had this night put aside for ourselves.

And when Rob answered the phone, a nurse was on the phone. And she was letting him know, that Martin would be ready the next morning after receiving his discharge papers, to leave the hospital.

Upon letting me know about this, it seemed that neither Rob nor I could get back into any more lovemaking, at least, not at this time. So, then, since, it was getting late, we both seemed to jus fall asleep beside each other for the rest of the night.

And when the morning came around, neither he nor I wanted to get out of bed, although, it, already, was eight o’clock in the morning. However, who else would be available to pick Martin up from the hospital, that morning?

So, then, upon the two of us getting out of bed, we kissed each other, like usual. And then, while I was getting a shower, he went ahead and took one with me because we didn’t know when we would be able to take one, together, again. And this shower seemed like a loving shower, as the two of us washed each other, so intimately, with a washcloth. And we had to hurry because we both had to eat breakfast, yet, before picking up Martin from the hospital, that morning.

After our shower together, we dried each other off. And then, after the two of us got dressed, real quickly, while I was in the bathroom, putting on some makeup, he decided to make some breakfast for the two of us. Actually, I spent most of my time in the bathroom, admiring myself in the mirror, making sure, that my makeup was put on with much perfection.

And jus after I got done putting on my makeup, Rob called out to me from the kitchen, “Honey, your breakfast is ready, now; I hope you’re ready to eat your eggs and bacon. So, that it doesn’t have a chance to get cold on you.”

So, then, I hollered out to him, “Okay, I’ll be right, there; I jus got done perking myself up. And I don’t know why I did this; however, I have spent, at least, a half hour in the bathroom, putting on my makeup.”

So, then, I half ran into the dining room, and what a big surprise when I reached that room. Not only was breakfast on the table, but there, also, were red cloth napkins on the table along with the best silverware. Also, there was a scented candle on the table, the scent of fresh flowers.

So, then, without a word which was unusual for me, I sat down with Rob at the table, and then, the two of us ate our breakfast, because we were in a real hurry to get over to the hospital.

When the two of us were done eating, Rob didn’t even make any effort to clean up the dishes, and he didn’t want me to bother with them, either. All he did was pick up the dishes from the table, and then, put them all in the sink.

Then, after wiping off the Formica table, we both, then, ran out the door and hopped into his Chevy. And then, we were off on our way over to the hospital, which was at least a half hour away. And it didn’t help anything that we got caught in a lot of traffic on our way, there, to our destination.

As we arrived over at the hospital, we had to wait for Martin, because he had to have his discharge papers. We had to wait an hour for his papers to make out, and jus after the doctor and nurse signed the papers, I had to take a look at them.

Then, as I was looking them over, I was surprised, that while Martin was, there, at the hospital. That there wasn’t any certain reason why Martin had to have surgery for removal of fullerenes in his system. And then, upon talking this over with a nurse, I found out he, really, went through surgery, he didn’t need. And this made me, feel angry at the surgeons, because this was done to Martin. Also, although, I didn’t have any feelings back for Martin, yet, it, really, burned me up inside when the nurse let me know, that all the doctor had to do was pump his stomach, which had been done, anyways.

So, then, I demanded to talk to one of the surgeons, who had removed one of Martin’s organs. However, although, his liver was removed, Martin even knows about this until he overheard what the nurse was telling me. So, then, he seemed to be quite shocked about this situation, and I let the nurse know. That whoever doctor or doctors waited on him during his stay in this hospital. That both me and Rob were planning on suing the doctor(s), who had taken care of him while he was staying in that hospital.

And then, the nurse wasn’t shocked at what I jus told her about this situation, because Martin wasn’t the only patient, who ever had unnecessary surgery done on him. So, I demanded the name or names of these doctors, and then, the nurse gave me, the doctor’s name and other information which I needed, in order, to take action against this doctor. And she, also, told me, this was the last straw, and that she was quitting as a nurse at this hospital because of this doctor, who acted so unreal against Martin, especially, be cause he knew, he was, only, a ghost. And that he felt he could do surgery on him, jus because of the fact, he was a ghost at this time. However, I let her know, that he, also, was part human, because the surgery couldn’t have been done on him if he jus was a ghost, and didn’t have any human qualities in him, at all.

Then, upon reading Martin’s discharge papers that he, possibly, could die from not having a liver inside of him, anymore, this, really hit me deep inside. So, I, still, must have some feelings of Martin, coming back inside me. However, I wasn’t going to allow the doctor to get away with what he had done to Martin.

So, then, upon Rob and I arriving home with Martin, he, immediately, got hold of his lawyer on this matter. And upon getting hold of him, then, an order was placed on the doctor to give Martin, a liver transplant, right away. And luckily, upon calling over at the hospital, luckily, there was a liver available for Martin. And although, Rob and I and even Martin knew, this was going to be a risky procedure for Martin to go through.

We had Martin brought back to the hospital, immediately. And Rob called an ambulance for Martin to get him, there, and an order was placed on the doctor, who had taken care of him, to place Martin on medication, which was going to help cleanse his system. Also, he was placed on a machine, which jus had been added to the hospital system.

This machine did its job to take place of the job, which his liver was supposed to do in his body. And Martin had to stay on the machine until the doctor was ready to give Martin, his liver transplant, which happened that very day.

So, then, Rob and I were so concerned for Martin’s well-being, especially, because he wasn’t any ghost, anymore. That we were planning staying the whole time, it took for his liver transplant to be done. And even though, at this time, his liver transplant was being performed, neither Rob nor I knew how the medication would affect him. And if his body would take the liver transplant without his body rejecting the transplant. And this transplant seemed to take a few hours to be done, since, all during this time, Martin had to be, constantly, monitored of all of his vital signs. So, that the doctor could make sure, that he stayed alive all during this procedure.

The liver transplant took about four hours or so to be done, however, as soon as it was finished, Martin was like a new person, again. And Rob and I were grateful that we had caught this situation jus in time, to enable Martin to have a full life while he, still, was, here, on earth.

Now, Rob and I had to be patient, and see if the medication, which was given to Martin right after his transplant, would work, and stop his body from rejecting this new liver of his. And to our surprise, this new medication was working really well, and to make sure, that Martin would pull through all of this for good, Rob and I decided to stay overnight. And during that time, we were planning on sleeping in the lobby, and every so often, when visitors were allowed, Rob and I would go and visit with Martin.

And even during the first visit to his room, he seemed to be a lot rosier than he was before he even had been taken back to the hospital for his liver transplant. And Rob and I, really, thanked all the surgeons, who worked on him, that day. However, the doctor who ordered the transplant, wasn’t given any credit for what he did, because he wasn’t going to do the liver transplant, in the first place. It had to be ordered through Rob’s lawyer, and that was the only way, that the doctor had agreed on having this operation carried through.

By the next morning, Martin was, still, doing alright, and that morning, upon reading his discharge papers, we agreed to keep giving Martin, his medication when it was supposed to be given to him. Also, not only because it was for his own good, and because he needed a place to live, Rob and I, really, had the heart to allow him to keep living at the cabin. And he was allowed to sleep in the daybed in the living room, every night.

But one thing, we didn’t allow him to do, and that was a little hard on him. That we didn’t even allow him to come into Rob’s and my bedroom at any time unless he needed something. We didn’t want him to get in the habit of coming in there whenever he felt like it, because it was the only place where Rob and I could have our privacy when we wanted it.

Then, that same night, after Rob and I made love, we jus happened to walk into living room. And we wanted to check up on Martin to see if he wanted anything to eat at this time. However, upon going over to him, there was no response from him, and he jus seemed like he was sleeping. So, we went back to our bedroom, and since, it was getting a little late, I jus threw a quilt over Martin jus before we did. And then, Rob and I jus decided to jus lay down on his bed, and then, we both happened to fall asleep, that night. And we were in a state of slumber in no time at alL

No comments: