Thursday, March 12, 2009

MOTH MAN

THE MOTH MAN

CHAPTER I


Mark happened to be a reporter for the New York Herald, and he hasn’t been over to the city of New York, and over at his job for days on end, jus because he hasn’t been able to get over there.

The very reason he hasn’t been able to do this for himself, has turned out to be, jus because one or more flights, he happened to try to catch over to New York, he, somehow, has ended up missing. And how he’s managed to do this trying to get to his job, he has no knowledge or memories of this, or even how he, himself, happened to miss any of these flights to New York to begin with.

Another thing, which has been stopping from getting to his job, is that his manager has been calling over to his house; however, his manager hasn’t been able to get no answer from him.

So, his manager hasn’t been in contact with him, jus because, for some odd reason, something has been preventing him, from being able to pick up his phone in time, whenever his manager has been trying to make any of his calls to Mark. So, then, he hasn’t, lately, within the past week or so, been able to find out, his manager has been trying to get a hold of him by phone.

The thing has been, that his wife, Sarah, has been trying to wake him up, every morning without fail, being he hasn’t seemed to be able to hear his alarm clock, going off, and the alarm ringing in the morning, for, at least, the past week or so.

These weird voices, his wife has been telling him about, has turned out to be for more than a week, now, one thing, which has been interfering with his life, partly, being responsible for him not hearing his alarm clock in the morning.

This has become so true, that Sarah seemed, always, lately, to be waking up in the morning, feeling like she hasn’t slept a wink, all night long. This has been happening to her, jus because, for no apparent reason, she has, seemingly, happened to have been hearing these weird voices, especially, in her nightmares, every night and morning, which to her, have been seeming like they have been trying to take over her mind.

What’s been responsible for his wife, not being able to sleep, soundly, and hearing these weird voices, for all this, happening to his wife, has been centered on this weird-looking black creature, she’s comprehended as being some kind of moth man.
This so-called black moth like creature, she has been claiming to her husband, Mark, has been trying to talk to her during her sleep, each and every morning and maybe, even during the night hours, too.

This black and ugly moth-like creature has been trying so hard to interrupt her sleep, frequently, during the early morning hours.

She’s been getting this idea in her head, she’s going to go insane, jus because all of these voices, she keeps hearing in her head.

In fact, one night, when she jus happened to awaken from one of her nightmares, she, also, jumped out of bed in fear of being invaded in her mind by these voices. This jumping out of bed happened to awaken Mark, too, and it so happened, that at that time, he was able to sense, she was in tears, he, then, heard her, talking to herself.

Although, he thought, he has been missing out on what she has been trying to tell him about all these voices. It so happened at this particular time, she seemed to be mumbling incessantly, and telling no one in particular.

“These voices are haunting me, a lot, and I jus can’t seem to understand any of my nightmares, at any time. I feel as though, I’m going insane, jus because I can’t seem to figure out why I’ve been seeing scary things in my dreams, especially, this weird-looking black creature, and hearing these screeching voices.”

So, then, he happened, jus by chance, to hear what she was saying to herself, because for some uncanny reasons, this time, he’s been able to comprehend what she’s mumbling to herself.

In, suddenly, becoming curious about the way, she was going to respond to him, he said to her in a very frantic voice, “Is something wrong, my dear?”

“I don’t know, really, what’s been wrong with me, but I’ve been aware of the fact, something has been trying to drive me, crazy?”
“Try to tell me, what has been going on with your nightmares.”

“I can’t seem to explain in some comprehendible words, what has been reoccurring in my nightmares.”

“C’mon, you must, somehow, try to explain to me, what you have seeing in your nightmares for your own good, because it jus isn’t good to keep any of this inside you, my dear.”

“It’s hard to say, what I, really, saw in my nightmares, this morning or any morning or night, for that matter.”

“There goes that mumbling, again, so, didn’t you jus try to tell me, you’ve been hearing these intolerable voices in your nightmares?”

“Yes, I seem to have been hearing these screeching voices in every one of my nightmares, and these have been the kind of voices, which, lately, I haven’t been able to make out in any way or in any shape or form.”

“What are you trying to tell me, what do you, really, mean by the words, ‘in any way, shape, or form, my dear’; explain all of this to me?”

“It’s jus, mostly, been, that I’ve been seeing this weird-looking moth like creature before my eyes, which creature, I haven’t been able to make out as being any other thing. I’ve been seeing this black thing, flashing before my eyes, even when I’m awake, like the one, which I jus happened to see before my eyes, as I woke up, jus now.”

“Try to explain the whole freaking nightmare bit to me, a little better if you can, my dear. I’m sure; you must be able to explain some of this to me, putting it all into a few words.”

“I’m having trouble, right now, trying to explain it all to you in words, which you’ll be able to understand. Also, this weird-looking black moth like creature has been in every one of my nightmares, for the past week or so, now.”

“You mean you’ve been attacked in your nightmare by this weird black creature for awhile, now?”

“It’s jus that this black thing, which jus flashed before my eyes, seems to be driving me insane. And I seem to be getting, there, fast>”

“What you’re getting at, is that this black thing, or whatever it is, has jus scared you out of your sleep, and is trying to blind you in every which way, it, possibly, can.”

“I can’t, really, in any way, even begin to try to explain to you, what this black creature even looks like at any time, and yes, it has jus scared me out of a sound sleep,” she replied as she was trying to hammer her head with her hands, this time.

So, then, in feeling very confused, himself, inside, he replied in a frantic voice of desperation, “At least, try to tell me, what you’ve been hearing in these voices, which have been haunting you.”
“That is impossible to tell you, because these voices have been incoherent, and I haven’t been able to even make out one word, these voices have been telling me, all this time, this has been trying to invade my mind.”
“Jus try to describe the nature of these so-called voices to me.”

“Well,” she replied, rubbing her head, as if she didn’t hear all what he’s been telling her, tonight, after she woke up from her nightmare, “all of these voices have been so loud, and like if they’re screeching something in my ears. They’re, literally, driving me crazy, and want to see enter a mental ward.”

After rubbing her head, some more, and bending over, placing her head in her arms for a few minutes, she started crying even more. And she was acting very weird, he thought.

Then, she said to him, feeling like she was going to choke to death, “I’m hearing these screeching voices, every night, it seems, and they don’t seem to want to leave me alone. In fact, I feel, as though, I’m going insane right at this very minute.”

“Since, I’ve noticed, you haven’t been sleeping through the night for the last week or so, I think you should see a doctor, because not getting enough sleep, and complaining of headaches is not good for your overall health.”

It happened to be early in the morning, and he bent over to turn his alarm clock off. However, he has no notion to show up for work as a reporter over at the New York Times building.

It’s mostly, he’s afraid that he’s going to miss another flight over there, being that because of what time, he’s jus seen as seven o’clock on his alarm clock, jus now, it’s going to be impossible to catch his flight to get on time over to his job in New York, even if he caught a cab over to the airport.

He knows darn well, that no one, not even his manager, or any of the other people, he works with, aren’t going to tolerate him, coming into work, late.

Jus as he turned off his alarm clock, his phone jus happened to ring, and he has this feeling, he knew, who’s going to be on the other line. So, he, casually, picked up the phone and answered the one near his bed, which phone happened to be lying on his Oakwood bedside table.

It turned out to be, it was his manager, Jeff, on the other line, as he happened to be doing some work on his computer, trying to trace down what has been going on, some mystery over in the city where Mark and his wife live in New Pleasant, Virginia.

So, then, his manager said to him, trying to, frantically, control his anger, which was, quickly, building up inside him, “What’s been going on with you? You haven’t shown up for work for the last week, now. I hope you have a good explanation for not coming into work, because this could mean losing your job.”

“I don’t know how to explain the situation, however, a couple times, already; I have shown up at the airport, not knowing how I got, there. And as I heard my flight to New York, called over the intercom, then, I happened to rush over to the terminal, each time. However, upon arriving, there, the lady in charge, there, keeps telling me, that it’s too late to get on the next flight.”

“What happened after she told you, that you’re too late for your flight?”

“Then, I had the urge to call you right after that happened, but each time, I then, got sidetracked, and then, by the time, I actually, remembered to call you, over there, in New York, it slipped my mind jus as quickly as I had remembered.”

“What do you mean, you got sidetracked?”

“It’s jus that, for no apparent reason, I could understand at the time, I rented a car back home, not knowing how I was going to pay for it. And then, some guy, who I’ve never met before in my life, who worked for the rental care place, offered to take me back home, each time.”

“Did anything unusual happen after that, because, lately, I’ve been hearing stores about something unusual going on in your home town, of people, hearing or seeing things, which none of them have been able to describe in decent words. And then, most of them wouldn’t tell the police about the situation, for fear, that they wouldn’t believe their tales of woe.”

“All I can tell you, is that I’ve been booked as a reporter over here in New Pleasant, and have been trying to figure out, jus why my wife has been seeing black figures in her dreams, and while she’s been right in the car beside me at times.”

“Well, as soon as you’ve been able to solve the situation, and have all of this buried beneath your belt, tell me, and then, you can return back to work.”

So, then, the manager jus hung up on him, and as he put the receiver back on the phone, his wife seemed to disappear before his eyes, as something seemed to flash before his eyes, which to him, seemed to be bright red car lights, flashing at him, this time.

Then, jus as he was ready to leave the bedroom, and hunt down his wife, jus to see what she’s up to at this time, he jus happened to see a bunch of papers, setting on the dresser. And these papers, which he jus happened to notice as some drawing of his wife’s, seemed to be uncomprehendable to him, at first, until he fumbled through each one.

Next, he put every one of the drawings all over the dresser, which drawings, he figured, his wife has been putting down on paper, what she’s been seeing, or comprehending in her nightmares, when she can’t sleep at night or during the morning, sometimes.

Then, he, again, went through each of her drawings, and as he was looking at one, which seemed to match, what she jus told him about, lately, as he found her awake in the early hours of the morning, he, suddenly, stopped fumbling through her drawings.

Because jus at that time, he happened to come across one of her drawings, which seemed to fascinate him, he turned the drawing, every which way. And upon doing so, something seemed to click in his mind, that this one drawing, really, in some uncanny way, did resemble a black moth.

However, this figured looked like it was wearing this black cloak, which, really, made it stand out from the other drawings, which his wife has been setting on top of his dresser, at any of the times, when she has been having trouble, waking up in the middle of the night, and can’t seem to get hack to sleep, again, right away.

He, really, didn’t know how he got involved with this police woman. However, one day, she happened to drop over at his house. And at that time, it was a good thing that his wife didn’t seem to be home at the time, because he didn’t want her to ever find out, he’s been working with this police woman, Erica.

Upon walking, very casually, inside his house, the police woman approached him, and said to him in a curious voice, “Let me see these drawings on the dresser, one more time. Oh I see, why your wife has been drawing these figures, and each one seems to appear different in one way or another.”

So, he approached her, and said to her, trying to figure out, what she was doing, there, at his house, “What is it you want with me? Are you, here, jus because last night, you happened to find me at some guys’ house on the other side of the city? I don’t know what brought me to his house, and I wasn’t trying to cause any trouble, if you, really, want to know, what I had been up to over at his house.”

“If you don’t want me to arrest you for prying into someone’s else private business, then, come with me, and help me out on the case, because other residents, quite a few of them, have been complaining to me about hearing and seeing things. I think this creature; they all think this moth man has been bothering each one of them. So, come with me, and help me, solve this mysterious case.”

So, then, without saying a word to her, because the last thing, he wanted, was to be arrested, he, willingly, walked out the door with her. And then, they were on their way over to the police station.

And on the two arriving, there, at the police station, she took him inside the police station without putting handcuffs on him. Then, she jus went ahead, and asked him a bunch of questions about this moth man, if he knew anything about it.

She asked him why he was over at the stranger’s house, and then, made sure, he knew that he wasn’t allowed ever to show up, there, again, or he would, surely, get arrested for invading that guy’s privacy.

When he had gone to the other side of the city during a few hours trip, he would pull this wandering around, almost, every night, not even knowing why or what caused him to do this. And when he got home from driving around, he couldn’t even explain to his wife, why has been driving around in the city.

Half the time, it turned out, she wasn’t aware, that he was out on the streets in the dark, every morning, and that he kept doing this during the early hours of the morning. Whenever he would become aware of himself, driving nowhere in particular in the early morning hours, it seemed to be, only, when the police woman happened to bring this crazy driving of his up in front of his face.

And then, he would arrive home, and be in bed before his wife even realized, he had been gone anywhere during the early hours of the morning at the same time, every morning around two a.m.

Neither she or he was aware, that the moth man has been causing him to forget, whenever he has happened to be out on the streets, where he, exactly, has been driving way over to the other side of the city, by the time, he’s arrived back home, again.

And whenever he’s driving around in the early morning, half the time, he isn’t aware of being in his car at the time, or jus loses track of where he’s going in his car. And another thing is that every time, he’s out on the streets of the city, something seemed to flash before his eyes, causing him to forget where he’s driving to, on what streets and in what direction at any of the time, he’s been out on the streets in the darkness of the night.

No comments: