Thursday, October 2, 2008

A HAUNTING-STORY IN PROGRESS

A HAUNTING

One day, I happened to be in town in North Carolina. I was walking down the hilly roads of the city when I happened to run into my boyfriend, Mike, right at the end of one of the roads. Even though, we were near the cabin which I happened to be living in at the time. For some odd reason, I jus didn’t want to back to my cabin because I felt very lonely. I didn’t know why but I jus didn’t feel right going back to an empty cabin.

Something seemed to flash right before my eyes in a green light, jus as I approached Mike.

He jus happened to be going for a walk, himself, on the road which crossed the road which I have been walking on for about a half hour. He happened to be on the road for the very same reason, I was, jus to get away from where we, usually, lived. And of course, we both have something on our minds, wanting not fight the feeling, originally, that we could run into each other on the road which we jus happened to do.

So, then, since, we both were in the walking mood at the time. He said to me in an anxious voice, “How would you like to take a hike right to the Smoky Mountains which isn’t that far from here to begin with? I don’t know about you but for some reason, I can’t figure out. I’m jus feeling quite adventurous, today, how about you, my dear?”

“Well, I think you’ve jus read my mind, true and clear, Mike. I, also, seem to be in adventurous mood to want to do some hiking with you. And to me, the Smoky Mountains seems jus the right place to do it.”

So, then, since, we both jus happened to have a backpack on our shoulders. We, then, took a cutoff off the road which ran into the roads which we both happened to be on at the time.

As the two of us reached a cutoff jus where the road seemed to be, exceptionally, hilly. Then, we jus started making our way up the mountains. And on our way up there, we jus happened to run into one of my neighbors, a woman with a fair complexion and a bright air about her.

However, he, really, surprised me jus because he didn’t try to flirt with her in any way. Because around this area of the mountains, people seemed to be, always, so friendly whenever they ran into each other, no matter if they knew each other or not.

So, upon us both waving at her being she’s near the road, taking her long walk up the hills. Then, after she waved back at us, we proceeded up the steep mountains. And on our way, we happened to run into some cows which were grazing on the mountains. And there, also, were some chickens and a rooster at a barn which we ran into on our way up.

As we reached the top of the Smokey Mountains, then, we held onto each other’s hand. So, neither of us would get lost through all those trees. And we both followed a trail through all those trees as it started to get hot outside, as the sun, really, was beating down on us by now in the early morning. And the fog of the morning has faded away, revealing some blue haze. Also, it’s appearing like the clouds have met the mountains. So, it seemed, as though, the clouds, actually, were floating on the top of the mountains.

Which seemed like some time later, we, actually, reached the top of the mountains. And then, the two of us proceeded through some more trees which seemed to have a lot of space between them.

As the two of us, almost, reached the edge of the mountains. I jus happened to spot a man and a woman down below us on some rocks. And nearby was a river. I seemed to have this green light, flash right before my eyes. And this caused me to lose my balance. And I was lucky that Mike caught me with his arms because I have been close to falling off the mountains top.

Jus as he helped me to my feet, this man and woman were starting to fight with each other. And Mike and I jus stood there on the mountains top, watching the two, the man and woman down below us. Before I realized it, the man punched the woman in the face. And as he sent her, falling down on the rocks, I seemed to let out a scream which, really, placed me in a state of shock.

As Mike saw me, suddenly, falling on the ground, he, then, couldn’t believe what he saw. I seemed to jus be lying there on the ground. And he couldn’t seem to get any reaction from me as he touched me. As upon having seen the woman with a bloody face, this has caused me to go into shock.

So, then, realizing that I, possibly, could be in a coma. And in being worried about me, Mike, then, leaned down. And he picked me up into his arms, and started walking towards his cabin which isn’t far away from where he picked me up.

In the meanwhile, Mike arrived at his cabin, and I, again, seemed to have seen this green light, flash right before my eyes. And this vision seemed to scare me half to death.

In this vision, I jus happened to see the man who murderered the woman below the mountains. And then, I, actually, remembered him, looking up to the mountains top. So, I concluded that he must have seen me and Mike on top of the mountains jus as he murdered this woman. Or that he must have seen me, lying on the mountains top jus after I lost my balance, and fell down to the ground being that I hadn’t been far from the edge of the mountains at that time.

Jus after I saw this vision, then, the guy and woman seemed to vanish right before my eyes. However, I, really, wasn’t aware of the guy, having spotted me on the mountains at the time.

So, then, Mike watched over me, very carefully, to wait and see if I would start responding to him.

And then, about a half hour later, then, he, finally, got me to respond to him. And then, when he, finally, noticed that I jus was staring at him in the eyes. He said to me in a desperate voice, “My dear, did you happen to see that man and woman, fighting below us not too long ago? That man, really, gave that woman, one heck of a bloody face. And then, the two happened to disappear into nowhere.”

Now, being out of her state of shock, she said to him, “I thought I had, only, been seeing things at first. However, now, that you jus mentioned to me about that guy murdering that woman. I, really, believe I saw that woman get murdered with my very own eyes. And I jus wasn’t seeing this flashing green light for no reason at all before my eyes.”

Then, he said in desperation, “What I, really, think you should do at this point, is call up the sheriff. I think he should know that a murder hasjus taken place on these mountains. He’s been a best friend of mine for a long time, and I know he’ll place all his trust in you in trying to track down that guy who you and I saw murder that woman.”

“No, Mike, I think that if the sheriff, really, wants toknow about another murder case. That you should have him come right here to your cabin.”

“Okay, then, my dear, Cher Bear. I’ll call him up, right now, and see if he’s at his office.”

So, then, as soon as he got the sheriff on the phone, he said to the sheriff, “Hello, sheriff, it’s me, Mike, your good friend. My girlfriend, Cher Bear, and I were jus on the top of the mountains about an hour ago. And since, she’s come out of her state of shock. I think that you should come right over, and talk to us about that happening jus underneath the mountains edge, today.”

“Are you, really, sure that you two jus weren’t dreaming about the whole thing? This is because I knowevery person in the city. And if someone has been hurt or murdered or something, today, I would have heard about it by now.”

“However, it jus happened to be turning dusk at that time. And I happened to be there with her. So, then, it couldn’t have been dark enough to miss what has been going on around here, today.”

“Okay, then, Mike, I’m finishing up on some sketch of another case. However, I’ll be overe there at the cabin asssoon as I can. See you two, then.”

So, then, about an hour later, the sheriff jus finished up on his case. And since, he knew he could trust Mike to tell him, the truth about the happening. He, then, hopped into his sheriff’s car right from the office. And he showed up at the cabin in no time at all.

As he pulled up in front of the cabin where Mike lives by himself, he jus hopped out of the car after adjusting his hat and shirt.

And then, very reluctantly, he, then, walked up to the front door of the cabin, and he knocked on the door. Jus before answering the door, Mike looked through the peek hole, and sure enough, it, really, was the sheriff at the door. So, then, with much trust, although, I am feeling quite nervous in having never met the sheriff before. I jus waited, patiently, until Mike let the sheriff inside his house.

And then, as the sheriff walked up to me as I am sitting on a living room couch, and sat down by me. In jus staring at Mike in the eyes for a moment, he was able to get me to relax. So, I could tell the sheriff, everything, I remembered about the murder incident.

So, then, the sheriff said to both of us, “Well, I see that the days and nights have been very uncomfortable, lately. However, are you both ready to talk me to tell me, nothing but the truth about this situation?”

Mike,then, said to him in a desperate voice, “As faras I know, both of us are ready to talk to you, sheriff.”

“Then, let’s get going on the incident. First of all, what did you, see happen below the mountains, this evening, Mike?”

“Well, first of all, I happened to be walking with her through the Smokey Mountains on a hike. And as we neared towards the mountains edge, we both, suddenly, stopped right there. And what I saw, was that a man and a woman, about in their thirties, fighting on some rocks near the river. And when the two, really, were getting into it, I heard Cher Bear gasp. And then, at that point, the woman seemed to fall right onto the rocks with a bloody face.”

“Is this, exa ctly, what you saw happen, tonight, Cher Bear?”

No comments: