Friday, May 23, 2008

Essay by Cheryl V.-On The Dark Side

THE DARK SIDE
It’s not the least bit of fun leaning towards the dark side
Makes me feel, very depressed like my life’s going for a slide
So, what I hate about the dark side
Is being in that part of my life
Tends to not help the way, I’m feeling
It’s as though I’m caught on an ever-turning wheel
Causes my head to spin like I’m on this dizzy lizzy
This is the worst kind of car in which to be spinning
Especially, because what has brought this car into my life
Is that, ever since, about five years ago, when my mom and nephew died?
In the same year, it’s as though this curse
Creeps upon me during those times of the year
On which their deaths occurred
Since their deaths, I’ve been caught in this unknown world
Whenever any of them seemed to be fixed on my mind
I, badly, want to escape the darkness in my life
But it seems that the more I want to get away
From the dark side that the unknown world wants to make me, pay
For whatever suffering, in which I’ve encased my inner being
I could concentrate forever on what all this dark
Has been putting me through all these years while in the dark
But having been caught in it for so long of a time
Has seemed to cause my whole life
To tend to go wayward, and take me for a forward spin
But all that light which should be before me seems so dim
That I wish I could so something about it
Before my inner being becomes more caught inside it,
This unknown world which seems to surround me so at times
That I keep feeling as though I’m caught in all this slime

No comments: