Friday, May 23, 2008

novel-Taking a Trip in an RV by Cheryl V.-Chapter III-for comments-email: cherbear 1950@yahoo.com

TAKING A TRIP IN AN RV-CHAPTER III
And soon everyone was fast asleep, however, as usual, Susan happened to have a very frightening nightmare into the wee morning hours. And because she couldn’t stand sleeping alone after having one, she walked into Andy’s bedroom, and crawled into the bed with him. As she arrived in his bedroom, she sounded desperate, “My, my, my, Andy, that is some nightmare, I jus had.”
Then, he said to her, half asleep, “Come on in and crawl in bed with me. I’ll calm you down in no time at all.” And since, he could sehse her being in his bedroom, although, he’s in a middle of a dream about making love to Susan, he, then, pulled her over on top of him. And as he did, she calmed down, and she stayed on his double bed for the rest of the morning until the two happened to wake up in the morning.
In the meantime, since, neither Susan nor Andy were sleeping, downstairs, neither Cher Bear nor Mike liked sleeping on a hard couch bed. So, then, Mike and Cher Bear awoke during the late hours of the night.
As Cher Bear got up out of the other couch bed, she said to Mike, “Boy, Mike, I can’t seem to sleep on that couch bed. It feels like it’s as hard as a rock. Move over, I’m going to join you.” And then, Cher Bear crawled into bed with Mike after Mike got a mattress from the RV. And as he came inside the cottage, again, he and Cher Bear slept on it on one of the couch beds until they both woke up in the morning.
Since, Cher Bear happened to be the first one to wake up, when she woke up, she wasn’t, fully, awake. So, without anyone knowing about it, she started sleepwalking out the back door of the cottage, and as she arrived outside, even the slight chill in the air didn’t wake her up. So, she continued sleepwalking, and did so into the woods nearby.
After Mike woke up in the morning, he turned shocked not to see Cher Bear, lying on the mattress with him. And he checked the whole first floor, and still, couldn’t find the whereabouts of her. So, then, both Susan and Andy happened to come down the stairs of the cottage, and upon hearing them, walking down the stairs, Mike walked up to them, and asked both of them.
“Have either of you see Cher Bear upstairs at all, last night or this morning? Because she wasn’t downstairs when I woke up jus now And I have no idea where she could be because I didn’t even hear her; get up in the middle of the night which, she, probably, could have done.”
“First, I have to ask you, what is the mattress doing inside the cottage? That mattress is supposed to stay outside in the RV.”
“I had to bring the mattress inside, because I couldn’t sleep on the couch bed,” not mentioning, that Cher Bear had been sleeping it with him.
“Okay, I understand why you couldn’t sleep on any of the couch beds, last night. However one of us have to call the police in this area because Cher Bear could be anywhere around this cottage. Or she even, could have wandered off into the woods. So, you, Mike, start getting breakfast ready, like the toast and eggs, and I’ll make a phone call.”
So, while Mike’s getting the breakfast, Andy got his cell phone out of the RV, and then, said to Mike, “Are you sure, you didn’t hear her, leave the cottage during the night or early morning?”
“No, I didn’t, Andy. If I did, I would have awakened , right away, and started searching for Cher Bear. I jus hope, she didn’t have any seizure, and then, start sleepwalking out one of the doors, last night or this morning.”
As Susan helped Mike with the breakfast, then, Andy got a hold of the police, and as the Captain answered the phone, Andy said to him, “Hello, we have a big problem, here, over on Hall Street. And I am calling from a cottage right on Runyan Lake. There’s a young woman, twenty-three years old with long brown hair, and a tall build, missing, since, early this morning. None of us here at the cottage, have any idea, where she might have gone, and the only thing, we can come up with, is that she could have had, a seizure.”
Then, the Captain said to him, “Are you sure, she had a seizure, or are you jus assuming, that’s what happened to her?”
“All I can say, is that if she did, she, probably, went sleepwalking out the door, and, since, she never knows where she’s going when she’s sleepwalking, she could have either taken off into the woods, here. Or she could have walked down the stairs to the lake, and possibly, have drowned in the lake.”
Then, after talking with the Captain, Andy said to Susan and Mike, “I’ll have to run over to the police station, and file a missing person’s report on Cher Bear. Since, the skies look threatening; don’t attempt to even go outside for that matter; or even attempt to go swimming because jus going outside can be very dangerous when near the lake.”
Then, Susan remarked, “I’m, really, getting scared, and don’t know what to do. I jus hope, that she’s alright, wherever she is.”
Then, Andy continued, “Thunderstorms can be very threatening at a lake, so, jus eat your breakfast. And I grabbed an energy bar and some coffee, already, so don’t worry about me. If the phone rings, be sure to answer it, because it could be one of the police, who are looking for Cher Bear. And don’t answer the door while I’m gone unless one of you looks through the peek hole, and a guy in a cop uniform comes to the door. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”
So, then, Andy grabbed another cup of coffee out of the cottage, he walked out the front door, and into the RV. Being that the roads close to the cottage, were dirt roads, he didn’t speed off like he, usually, does. He’s worried about Cher Bear, however he has to take his time, so, he doesn’t lose traction on the dirt roads on the way to the police station.
Once, Andy reached the police station, he walked right inside the building, and went, directly, to the Captain. Once, seated down beside him, he gave the Captain, what information, he could on Cher Bear and from that, the Captain filed a missing person’s report.
So, Andy said to him, “What I can tell you are that Cher Bear had a tendency to sleepwalk, occasionally, during the night. And this I, only, found out, lately, being that she lives with her parents. And neither Mike nor I have seen the way, she acts after a seizure. In fact, all the time either my brother or I have known her, about three years; she never has had a seizure over at the house where my brother and I live.”
“Well, what happens when she’s sleepwalking? Does she see her aura at that time?’
“Whenever, she, usually, feels like she’s having an aura, she never takes any chnce to walk down the street to see my brother, Mike, although, the two are close friends. And as long as I’ve known her, myself, I never have seen her, have a seizure. So, I’m not certain if she even had a seizure while at the cottage at all. However I do know that they’re pretty well under control.”
Jus as Andy is talking to the Captain, his phone rang, so, as he answered the phone, he said to Andy, “Well, apparently, one of the police has found her in the woods near your cottage. And at this time, to the cop, she appears to be in a daze which could be a sign of her being in a coma; also, she appears to be unresponsive.”
“Oh no, that could be bad. Are you sure, she’s in a coma right now?”
“It’s jus that she seems to be out of it, which means she’s been found to be in a coma. So, you and your friends can come to the hospital where she’s being taken, and don’t worry about anything. She, probably, has had a seizure, and the cop could be wrong about her being in a coma. She may jus be unresponsive jus because she had a seizure, and could be in a deep sleep. So, you know where it’s located, don’t you?”
“Yes, I do, Captain, because there’s been other times in which we have had to see someone there at the hospital.”
At the same time, this is on Andy’s mind, “In fact, jus this last fall during the hunting season, and my brother got shot while hunting down deer with me. And I called an ambulance, and he got there jus in time because he had been bleeding profusely at the time. And through emergency surgery, the surgeons were able to stop the bleeding, and save his life. However that one was a close call.”
“Okay,” said the Captain, “You and your brother and Susan are the only ones who can be allowed to see her now. Hope everything goes good for Cher Bear because like I said, she could have slipped into a coma. Now, go back to your cottage, and pick up Mike and Susan, and then, go right to the hospital which isn’t far from here. Get there as soon as you can because in her condition, it’s possible that she could be in a life and death situation right now.”
So, then, Andy ran into the RV close to tears, and, actually, sped down the streets until he reached the dirt roads. When he did, he slowed down, and when he arrived at the cottage, a few minutes later, he ran into the cottage.
Then, he said to Susan and Mike, who were watching television when he got back to the cottage with teary eyes, “Well, at least, one of the cops called over at the police station. And he jus called when I was there jus now. However brace yourselves for this, especially, you, Mike, because one of the cops did find Cher Bear out in the woods, here. However the one, who found her jus now, doesn’t know if she’s jus unresponsive, or if she, actually, is in a coma. He suspects that she could have had a seizure while in the woods.”
“Well,” said Mike and Susan, close to tears, “Can we come with you now to see her?”
“That’s what I’m here to tell you two. Only family can come to see her, however since, the Captain knows you, Susan, from when Mike got shot, last fall, you can come with me. Okay, let’s all move quickly. We’d better get there at the hospital as soon as we can. She could be in a life and death situation right now.”
So, staying very quiet but close to tears, both Susan and Mike hopped into the RV with Andy. And he drove them all to the hospital, and once, they arrived there, they all ran into the hospital and over to the emergency department.
As they arrived there, Andy said to the woman at the desk, “We are all here
to see Cher Bear Pauley. Please tell us what room, she’s in. The cop told us, that we all are allowed to see her, even Susan, who’s a good friend of mine.”
“Okay,” said the woman at the desk, “Take this hall all the way down, and follow the red arrow until you reach the first room. She’s in there right now. Her condition is very critical at this time. You all might not be allowed to see her very long because she’s so bad. However I’ll pray for Cher Bear for you.”
So, then, Andy along with Susan and Mike all were close to tears by now as they reached the room where Cher Bear is lying on a bed. And right now, she’s jus lying there like she’s unaware of what’s going on around her. However they jus all walked up to her, and although, there were tears, rolling down Mike’s cheeks; he took Cher Bear by the hand.
Then, he said to Cher Bear, “Oh, my dear, Cher Bear, I hope, you can hear me. I am very concerned for your well-being right now. I had no idea, that you even had any seizure, last night. I must have slept, very soundly, being that, usually, when you’ve had a seizure around me in the past at night during the nights, we slept together, it, usually, got me out of my sleep.”
As he talked to her, she seemed to move a little, and she even opened her eyes. However, Mike didn’t know if she’s sleeping, or, actually, in a coma. However the way, she opened and closed her eyes, was a definite sign, that she jus responded to Mike. Also, the minute, Mike took her hand, her arm and hand moved. So, at least, Mike knew she wasn’t in a coma right now.
Then, Mike said to her, “My dear woman, if you can hear me, nods your head.”
So, then, Cher Bear nodded her head, and this made Mike respond with a wry smile on his face.
Then, he said to her, “Cher Bear, now, I want you to say something to me if you can. If you can’t talk right now, don’t force yourself. You’re, probably, in a daze at this time, and I can understand that because you had a seizure, last night, and then, probably, had another one while being at the hospital.”
As soon as he talked to her, again, she opened her eyes, and, although, she couldn’t talk very much right now, she said to him, “I’m glad you’re here with me, and also, you, Andy and Susan because I think, I might have seen an aura, last night, jus after I had my nightmare.”
At that, a nurse walked into the room, and then, having overheard what Cher Bear has been saying to Mike, she, then, said to her, “Can you, by chance, remember seeing any aura jus before you woke up? I’ve got to know because if you did, I’ve got to administer more seizure medication through your IV.”
“Yes, nurse, I can remember one, very plainly. In fact, right after the aura, itself, I could hear Mike, talking to me; however I couldn’t respond to him right as he and his brother, Andy, and Susan walked into this room.”
“Okay, Andy and Susan and Mike, you all must leave the room for now. She has to get some rest being she jus is recovering from being in a daze. As far as we know, she’s been in one, ever since, the cop found her, lying in the woods.”
As they all left the room, Cher Bear, then, said to the nurse, “However I can’t seem to remember what the nightmare was all about. All I can remember is that the nightmare came upon me like pieces of a puzzle which didn’t quite fit together as far as coming to me as something, I can make out. But I can, at least, remember this much. After I had awakened from this nightmare, I can remember seeing a tree with no leaves on it with darkness all around it.”
“Okay, now, Cher Bear, that’s enough talking for now. You need some sleep, badly, to help you, recover from your seizures and daze. And I jus administered some potent medicine down your IV. So, it’s going to knock you out, shortly. And don’t try to fight the sleep. The deep sleep is an important part of your recovery.”
So, as soon as the nurse administered some Dilantin along with some Pheno Barbital and Ativan, Cher Bear took a few sips of her water. And in no time at all, she’s fast asleep.
Then, all her friends, Mike, Andy, and Susan, finally, had to leave Cher Bear being that she’s asleep. Also, she has to stay under observation for the rest of the day and through the night, too, partly, to catch up on her sleep. And while she’s sleeping, the medication will be able to take fast effect on her.
And jus before leaving her room, Mike left this note for Cher Bear for when she woke up, again, to make her, feel good inside, and to let her know, that he’s waiting, patiently, for her to get well.
And the note read, “My dear Cher Bear, I’ve been having you on my mind, ever since, I woke up this morning, and found out you were missing. You, really, scared me at first. I thought that, maybe, you were dead until I heard word from the Captain, that you were jus in a daze, not a come like I, first, heard. I guess that an angel must have been looking over you. Please get better fast, so, that you can join me for vacation. Your love, Mike.”
So, in the meantime, Andy along with Susan and Mike were on their way in the RV on their way back to the cottage.
Being that Andy was the only one who wanted to go down to the lake for a boat ride, he grabbed some lunch with Susan and Mike. Then, in the middle of the evening, he walked down all those steps, taking his time, so; he wouldn’t lose his grip on the steps. And as he reached the bottom of the steps, Mike happened to look out one of the back windows, and noticing he wasn’t in sight, then, said to Susan.
“Hey, Susan, why don’t you come with me to the living room, and there, we can relax, and watch a movie while Andy is going off in his boat. Or did you change your mind, and want to go with him?”
“I, really, don’t feel like going on a boat ride or even swimming for that matter. I would go swimming; however the skies are appearing to be threatening, again. And I don’t want to take any chance of getting hit by lightening, or slipping down the steps as it is starting to look like rain.”
“How does this sound, my dear? One of the couch beds, still, is open. Let’s lie down on that one, and relax and enjoy a movie.”
Although, Mike has something else on his mind, she didn’t know it at the time, so, she said to him, “That sounds like a good idea. By the way, we should keep a radio or television on during this kind of weather. You never know when a bad storm or even a tornado will come in from the lake out here.”
So, then, both Susan and Mike got comfortable on the couch bed closest to the television, and Mike jus happened to find a very interesting movie on television at this time. The two jus lay there, and got very absorbed in the movie; and while they were watching television, he took her hand which she didn’t seem to mind.
Then, about an hour later, Susan happened to overhear Andy talking to himself as he’s walking back up the steps from his boat ride, and saying to himself, “Boy, that turned out to be some boat ride. Those waves, certainly, were rough out there on the lake. And out of those clouds, poured some heavy rain, enough to get me somewhat wet for a while there.”
Then, as he reached the top steps, Susan jus happened to see him, ready, to come inside the cottage, so, she hopped off the couch bed. And as Andy walked inside, she, already, is on her way, upstairs to go inside her room, and do some yoga along with, maybe, reading the book, she brought along with her.
In the meantime, Andy said to Mike as he walked over to him, lying on the couch bed, “I see that you’re jus about ready for bed. And if you want, you can sleep on the mattress, again. However what have you been up to while I have been gone?”
“Well, Susan and I were lying on this couch bed, and watching a movie or two while we were getting fresh with each other. And after we got fresh with each other, we were feeling each other all over when you walked inside.”
“So, you and Susan have been up to no good. Wait until Cher Bear hears all about this. She isn’t going to like it too well.”
However Andy had no idea, that Mike is lying to him about he and Susan having a heck of a night on the couch bed. So, upon him, walking up the stairs, he walked over to Susan’s room, and once, inside, Andy said to her.
“What have you and Mike been up to tonight? He jus told me, that you two were doing a little more than watching television together. He told me that you two got fresh with each other, and then, were feeling each other all over. Well, I’ve found out enough from you. You don’t have to say one word. I know it all now.”
Susan is so choked up, that she can’t even say one word to Andy. It won’t do any good because she knows, that Andy jus believed what Mike told him about her and Mike, although, it wasn’t true. So, now, Mike could have jus ruined her relationship with Andy. He, probably, won’t even as much speak to her anymore.
So, then, Susan’s in deep thought, “Can’t believe that Andy, actually, believed what his own brother, told him about me and him being in that couch bed. Think he jus told his brother, a lie, jus because he has a liking to me. Well, although, it’ll, probably, kill Andy’s love for me, it won’t, in the least, make me turn to Mike for comfort, or even give into his liking for me.”
That night, Susan wasn’t the least bit surprised, that Andy ignored her, the rest of the night, and didn’t even offer or show his love for her in any way. In fact, he’s trying to best to bury it inside him, hoping that he can forget he ever loved her in the first place.

No comments: