Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TAKING A TRIP ON A RV-CHAPTER IV BY CHERYL V.-

TAKING A TRIP IN AN RV-CHAPTER IV
As Susan crawled into her bed, she’s in deep thought, again, “Don’t know what’s going to happen to my love for Andy now. It, probably, will fade away into the darkness. I’m feeling quite empty inside, as though, he never has been my lover to begin with. I’m not feeling any more desire for him, tonight, and I doubt whether he is anymore either like I was when Andy walked inside the cottage after his boat ride. Also, then, he had his usual lovely smile until Mike told him, that me and him were getting fresh with each other.”
Andy is trying to fall asleep himself, and can’t seem to get Susan off his mind. He’s feeling guilty inside for believing what Mike said to him, and he, really, is realizing, now, Mike likes Susan. However he doesn’t know, that Mike told him, a lie about him and Susan being in the couch bed, doing anything else other than watching television.
Andy’s in deep thought, jus lying on his bed, in the late hours of the night, “Didn’t as much kiss Susan, goodnight. What I fool I’ve been tonight. Realize jus how much I love her, and all that desire I’ve been having for her. Badly, want to make love to her, however I can’t get myself to give into her, tonight, although, I know she wants to do it.”
Andy doesn’t realize that he didn’t make any effort to kiss Susan, good night. Neither did he offer to make love to her. And he, badly, wants to make love to Susan; however he can’t get himself to give into her. So, he doesn’t know that Susan is lying there in her bedroom in bed, awake, staring at the full moon, coming into her room. And the tears seem to keep welling up in her eyes, jus in her thinking about her love for Andy, and how much she’s missing his love.
She’s saying to herself like if she’s in a dreamlike state, “Boy, do I wish Andy was in bed with me right now. He’s, probably, mad at me and believed what Mike told him, tonight, and it’s one big white lie. Can’t believe Andy’ brother would pull such a thing on me.”
Susan is thinking about getting a job and moving out of the vicinity, and not see Andy anymore, so, she can get him off her mind for good. She has got to get him out of her life. Also, he’s, probably, already, falling out of love being he hasn’t spoke one word to her, since; he came inside from his boat ride.
“Maybe, I’d better take that job offer; I had, lately, to start writing articles for the news.”
The next morning, Mike, Andy, and Susan went in the RV to see Cher Bear, and by that time, she’s recovered enough to take her back to the cottage. And she jus had a complete physical jus before they all arrived back over at the hospital. And to the doctor, all her physical signs seem to be back to normal. So, as Andy picked up her discharge papers from the desk, the others waited inside the RV. And Cher Bear is glad to see Andy again, because to her, he, always, has treated her like a blood sister.
So, an orderly took Cher Bear over to the RV in a wheelchair, since, it is a long walk over to the RV. And Andy jus followed the orderly and Cher Bear over to the RV. Once, Andy helped Cher Bear inside, he, then, eased her over to where one of the beds were, and said to Mike.
“Now, watch Cher Bear until we get back to the cottage. She needs a lot of rest, yet, and it would be nice if you could watch her for us for the day and into the night to make sure, she’s taking her medication. Also, we have to make sure, that her medication is working for her because she can’t afford to keep having seizures.”
Once, Andy arrived back over at the cottage, and pulled the RV into the driveway, Andy and Susan hopped out of the vehicle. However Mike stayed with Cher Bear, especially, being she appeared to be in a daze again.
So, they all arrived inside the cottage, then, Mike led Cher Bear over to a couch bed. “Now, Cher Bear stay there in bed and get some rest. You need all the rest, you can get.”
And he has to watch her being if she doesn’t come out of her daze in a few hours, then, Andy or Mike has to call the hospital doctor to see what they should do with her. However, although, Mike stayed at her side throughout the day into the night when the evening came around, she was acting unresponsive again. Mike couldn’t even get through to her, that she has to eat at regular intervals, at least, three meals a day, to keep up her strength.
Then, as Mike walked downstairs, and got Andy being that because he worked over at the clubhouse, a prerequisite for his job was to know how to do CPR, and take all the vital signs which he had a bag for doing so.
However upon taking her pulse and blood pressure, both were quite low. So, he did a lot of CPR on her, and gave her, some dopamine; however it didn’t do a darn thing for her. About a half hour later, she coded, and as Andy took her pulse again, her skin was cold, and she, definitely, has a pale look on her face.
In knowing that she’s dead, Andy, suddenly, has tears, rolling down his face, and his face is red as a beet. So, he couldn’t help himself to get either Mike or Susan at this time because he’s in deep thought, “Oh, my poor girl, I wonder if that daze, Mike told me about, really, meant she had been in a coma. Is doesn’t matter now anymore because I’ve jus lost a good friend, and one who used to be like a blood sister to me.”
After a few minutes of crying it all out, he, finally, got him together. Then, he walked downstairs, and over to the kitchen, where Mike is starting to get lunch for Cher Bear. However upon seeing a sad look on Andy’s face, knew right away, that Cher Bear isn’t in the best state.
So, Mike stopped what he’s doing, and said to Andy, “It isn’t my Cher Bear, is it? I figured that something could be wrong when we picked her up from the hospital. Why didn’t her doctor, tell me, or at least, one of the nurses, that she had been in bad shape? I’m going to sue the doctor and nurse, whoever took care of her why she was in the hospital. If they sensed something wrong, why did they even let her be discharged? They couldn’t have been keeping a good eye on her while she had been there.”
Then, Andy is all choked up, so, immediately, Mike knew for sure that Cher Bear’s state isn’t good at all. So, as Andy burst into tears, he, still, led him upstairs to where she’s lying on Susan’s bed with her eyes closed. And as Andy and Mike approached her, Mike murmured to himself as he bent over her.
“My dear Cher Bear, why did this have to happen to you? Why did you have to leave me like this? My girl, I’m going to miss you, terribly, and don’t know what I’m going to do without you in my life now,” he said as he bent over her, and kissed her on the cheek. Then, as Susan had joined them upstairs because she had a feeling, that something was wrong, they all stood over her for what seemed like an hour, however had come to be only a few minutes.
Then, they all jus knelt down beside the bed, and as Mike and Andy took her hand on one side of the bed, while Susan took her hand on the other side, they all jus wanted to pay their last respects to her. That’s, especially, because there isn’t a cemetery close enough to the cottage, or even a funeral home. So jus after they all were through with what they were doing, Andy walked over to his room, and closed the door while he called the mortuary closest to the cottage.
And her body got picked up, an hour later, she had been taken over to the mortuary, and an autopsy had been done on her which revealed all the medication which she had been on while in the hospital. And the autopsy report was revealed to Andy over the phone, that six medications had been found in her system along with an overdose of Morphine which she, always, had been allergic to. And the Morphine, alone, is what caused her not to be able to come out of her daze, and then, caused a coma which, evidently, killed her.
Mike’s so mad after what was revealed in the report that he murmured to himself, “That hospital, I wish she, Cher Bear, never was taken there in the first place. That darn doctor or nurse, whoever prescribed Morphine for her, I think had meant to kill her. That darn doctor I bet knew, she was allergic to Morphine, and intentionally, caused her death. I’m going to see, that the doctors who waited on her in the hospital, are sued for every penny, they have and lose their jobs there too.”
So, then, Mike couldn’t cope with not having Cher Bear in his life, and then, he waited until Susan and Andy had gone outside on a boat ride, and were out of the way. Then, the rifle which Mike brought with him for hunting, he got out of the drawer near where he has been sleeping on a couch bed. And then, he made sure, that the rifle was loaded, and then, he shot himself to death.
While Andy and Susan are on their boat ride, inside her, Susan, still, has this yearning for Andy’s body, “Can’t seem to get him off my mind. And as he’s driving the boat, his arm is brushing against mine. And I think he’s doing it on purpose. He’s sitting so closely to me. That slight brushing seems to be making me, go wild, giving me, that burning desire for his body.”
However Susan doesn’t realize it, she’s resisting this desire. Because she still is made at him for believing Mike’s white lie, it’s causing her to feel quite numb inside. So, she doesn’t know if it’s because his love for is fading, or if he’s losing trust in her because he saw her, lying with Mike on the couch bed lately.
So, finally, after going around the lake for about a half hour, Andy pulled the boat into the dock, and to Susan’s surprise, he started to brush his chest against her as he got out of the boat. However he drew back, and then, as he followed Susan up the steps to the cottage again, she couldn’t figure out why he’s doing this to her.
She’s in deep thought, “What’s going on with Andy, lately? Is it because Cher Bear died, that he’s acting so strange around me? Or is it jus that he doesn’t seem to love me like he used to?”
So, she jus felt unsatisfied, and this wasn’t a good feeling to her at all.
As the two arrived up the steps, and as Andy arrived inside the cottage, he has a shocked look on his face, and is feeling all choked up inside. He can’t believe his eyes; Mike is jus lying there on his bed, however he doesn’t seem like he’s sleeping either. To Andy’s surprise, he knows, there’s something fishy about Mike at this time.
He, usually, isn’t sleeping on the couch bed at this time of day; also, Andy is acting like he’s seen a ghost. To Susan, as she followed him inside, his face is so pale, and he’s not acting like himself either. Also, he jus picked a gun up from on the couch bed, and as he checked the gun, it is, still, loaded with bullets.
To Susan, Andy said, “There’s something strange about Mike here. Here I find a loaded gun, lying next to him on this couch bed, and there is blood all over his shirt. I jus felt his pulse, and he’s seemingly, stone dead. I hate to tell you this, Susan, however I think it was jus too much for him to see Cher Bear dead. It looks like he went ahead, and jus, purposely, shot himself to death with his hunting rifle.”
As he said all this to Susan, the cat has her tongue, and she can’t even say one word. She, literally, fell down on the carpet, and fainted. So, then, Andy leaned over her, and then, carried her upstairs to her bed. As he arrived there, he, gently, laid her on the bed, and then, walked over to the bathroom, upstairs. And out of the bathroom, he retrieved a glass of cold water while Susan is starting to come to again.
As he arrived inside her bedroom, she said to him, “What in the world happened to me jus now? First, I noticed you, look as pale as a ghost, and finding Mike’s hunting rifle on his bed all covered with blood and his shirt too. And the next thing, I knew all the blood seemed to go out of my head. And here, I’m lying on my bed, feeling lightheaded and kind of funny inside. What do you think happened, Andy?”
“Well, I think it was that you couldn’t stand the sight of blood for one thing. And it happened to be too much for you to see Mike, lying on that couch bed downstairs all covered with blood. Upon seeing him in that state, I thought I would end up on the floor too beside you. However it’s a good thing that I didn’t because I could have landed on top of you. Are you alright, my dear? You didn’t hurt yourself, did you, my dear?”
“No, I feel like I’m alright except I’m kind of shaken up from seeing Mike, the ways he appears to be. I was jus too much for me to take; first, Cher Bear died, and then, we come back to the cottage from our boat ride, and find Mike, stone dead. It’s as if the devil planned it, this way.”
“Please don’t say that, my dear Susan. And don’t get silly, and try to commit suicide, yourself either. It’s bad enough that both Cher Bear and Mike died right at the cottage here. I don’t want to lose you now either. Are you having any thoughts of killing yourself, at all, right now, or planning to take your life, my dear?”
“No, Andy, don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. It’s you that we have to worry about at this time. You, still, seem to be pale. Maybe, you’d better lay down on your bed for about an hour or so? I can take care of myself, Andy. I know that it’s quite shocking for both of us to have two people, which we both loved as sister and brother, go before our very eyes. I don’t want anything to happen to you now. Now, do you feel lightheaded or anything right now?”
“No, my dear, I’m quite able to cope with deaths of loved ones, and have had these coping skills for some time. Even when I had been younger, I’ve lost many hunting buddies, back then, being that I’ve been hunting for many years. So, I’m used to losing people, I, really, cared about or loved for that matter. It’s you I’m worried about because you jus fainted on the floor, downstairs.”
“I’ve become jus like you. I can handle any deaths of friends or loved ones, which come along, especially, Cher Bear’s and Mike’s death. I’m built very strong inside; jus remember that.”
“It’s going to be hard to rest right now because I have to get hold of the mortuary again, and do it quick before any of the neighbors happen to drop over. And I don’t want this to happen because if any of them do, they jus might call the police on us, and get the wrong impression, that one of us murdered Mike. So, as soon as I call the mortuary, I’ll lie down and get some rest.”
About an hour later, when she, finally, got out of her bed, and walked downstairs, Mike, finally, had been taken away to the mortuary. However the whole couch bed is missing, and, so, then, Susan took a walk outside. And sure enough, Andy had taken the whole couch bed apart. And then, so, that there would be no evidence would be left of a suicide, Andy had taken the RV down to the city dumpster in the dark.
And upon walking back inside the cottage, she couldn’t figure out where Andy could be as she couldn’t seem to find him anywhere upstairs or downstairs for that matter. So, she mumbled to herself, “It isn’t like him to go anywhere without telling me where he’s going for that matter. And he doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the lake, and his boat isn’t missing.”
As she walked over to where the RV is at, she jus happened to feel cool air coming out of the RV, so she thought, “I bet Andy is inside the RV. I’d better go inside and check on him because before he appeared to be quite pale-looking. I jus hope he’s alright because I would become hopeless without him in my life.”
So, then, Susan, slowly, opened the door on the side of the RV, and as she sneaked inside and closed the door, she walked through the RV. And as she approached where the beds are at, she jus happened to notice, at least, a case of beer near one of the beds. And she’s shocked to see him, lying on one of the beds with beer cans all over the floor of the RV.
As she walked up to him, she got the feeling inside her, that she should do something, immediately. She walked over to the cabinet where he keeps his instant coffee which he, usually, drinks while on a trip in the RV. And then, she walked over to him with a hot but not real strong cup of coffee in his favorite black Harley-Davidson mug, and gently, tried to get him to wake up.
Through tapping him on the arm, he woke up, and couldn’t even talk to her without mumbling, so, she knew right away that he’s as drunk as a skunk.
So, she said to him, “Come on, my honey, and please drink some coffee. I don’t know what you’ve been doing out here, or how long you’ve been out here. However you need some coffee in you to get the drunkenness out of you.” She didn’t care if the cops came, and took him away to jail jus because she was disgusted with his drinking at this point.
So, then, he drank the whole cup of coffee, black, and without any resistance, allowed her to help him, sit up in bed. Then, because it is evening now, and it’s getting dark, she said to him.
“Well, I think, you’d better try to sleep for the rest of the night because it’s getting late. Don’t you move from here? I’ll stay with you inside the RV for the rest of the evening. Is there anything, you want me to get for you?”
“There’s only one thing, that I need right now.”
“And what may that be, honey?”
“You’re all I need. I need you in bed right beside me, all night long. I want you to sleep with me.”
“Are you serious? You’re not jus saying this because you’re drunk, are you now?”
“No, in fact, I don’t feel drunk after that coffee, you jus gave me. And never forget, that I love you and always will for that matter. There’s something I want to start discussing with you.”
“Are you sure you want to get serious jus after two of our loved ones have died inside that cottage of yours?”
“Remember this, my dear; there have been deaths in the family. However life has to go on. You jus can’t stop living because two people, you loved, dearly, have gone from your life. If you need to cry, then, let it all come out. Don’t hold anything back because it could cause you to have a setback what you, really, don’t need because you’ve spent most of your life, building up all that strength.
“Now what’s the very first thing, you have in need right now. By the expression on your face, I’m sure you want me to, at least, hold and kiss you. However don’t be surprised if I back off because I don’t know if you love you anymore. You must let me know right now, or I can’t go ahead and give into my feelings anymore.”
“Okay, do what you need to do, then, because Cher Bear and Mike have jus left us. So, first, sit down on the bed with me, and let’s have our own mourning ritual. We have to pray hard, especially, for Mike, so that those two will see Heaven, and not get caught between two worlds.”
“What’s important to me right now is that now that I’m done praying for Mike and Cher Bear. Now you must make the first move, because I, really, don’t know what you want anymore of me. After Mike told you, I was getting fresh with him in bed, do you believe that anymore, or are you going to listen to what I have to say?”
However Andy wouldn’t answer her, nor would he take her by the hand. So, then, Susan jus figured, that he, still, believed what Mike had told him about her and him being together in the couch bed, that one day.
However jus now, she noticed that he looked like he was sleeping, so, then, she jus tried to let it, slip her mind that he wanted to get serious with her. In fact, he was faking it, that he wanted anything from her.
So, then, she jus figured, he had been awake all night long, drinking, and that was the only thing, he cared about anymore. To her, it seemed like he had drawn into himself, so she thought as she went over to the other bed, and plopped herself on it.
“I guess that Andy jus doesn’t seem to care for me anymore. And jus because Mike told him, a lie about him and me, he doesn’t seem to act like it was a lie in the first place. In fact, I think that Andy thinks now that Mike and I had something going between us. Andy can’t seem to get this out of his mind because he’s feeling distraught over his brother’s sudden death. And it seems like his brother’s death, has turned him into someone, who isn’t himself anymore. It has caused him to forget, that he ever loved or even cared for me at one time.”
Susan did manage to fall asleep about a couple hours later, however it turned out to be a fitful sleep. And she didn’t sleep well for the rest of the night or into the morning either. In fact she had a nightmare, that Andy’s brother, Mike, somehow, never was dead to begin with. And that in her dream, he sat up in the couch bed, which is missing in the cottage. And then, it, really, didn’t seem to be missing anymore because he came alive, and then, while Susan has been sleeping in her bed upstairs in the cottage, he walked up the stairs, and upon reaching her room, crawled into bed with her. So, that Andy would catch the two in bed again, and think that the two, really, had something going together.
However as Andy saw her and Mike in bed together, she, suddenly, awoke, and jus realized that Mike wasn’t in bed with her. She jus sat there right in bed, trying to gain back her composure, and trying to convince herself, that Mike, still, is dead. As she noticed Andy wasn’t sleeping in the other bed, she got up out of the bed; she had been sleeping in all night long. And then, she jus happened to notice a bunch of beer cans, strewn all over the other bed being in a big heap.
As she walked around outside the cottage, thinking that Andy was outside, somewhere near the cottage, suddenly, she noticed that he was walking down the steps, of course, with a can of beer in his right hand. And as she caught up with him, she kind of yelled out to him, “What in the world, are you up to, this morning, Andy?—did you eat breakfast, this morning, yet?”
However he kept walking down the steps like he’s ignoring, or not jus aware, that he’s walking beside her. And she followed him until he reached the boat. So, when, he, finally, stopped near the boat, seemingly, in a daze, or jus in his own world, only then, is he aware that she’s standing on the dock with him.
Then, he has enough sense to put down his can of beer, however he jus stared into her eyes, and then, jus brushed against her as he started walking towards the cottage again. Jus in him, kind rubbing himself against her, made her, feel this burning desire for him, however it remained unsatisfied because he didn’t even stop to as much as give her, a kiss, although, he did give her, this big hug.

No comments: