Monday, June 16, 2008

FATHER'S DAY BY CHERYL V.

FATHER’S DAY

What seems to come into mind on Father’s Day?
Is that my dad has been dead for about twenty years
I can’t do anything about how it’s affecting me, today
However it doesn’t seem to do any good to go into tears

The good thing about his death is that he’s in Heaven
And that he’s in peace, no longer, suffering from his cancer
Up there I’m sure his basic food is leaven
However on this day, I should do all I can

To try to forget that my dad is no longer on earth
And the best thing about this special day
Is that every time, it comes around
It’s as though my mind has been going through a rebirth
Which is probably true because my mind is very sound?

Although research tries to prove that cancer runs in the family
I’m not going to believe that my dad gave those genes to me
What’s more important to me, is that some day might become famous
Jus because the Lord gave writing as a gift to me

So, although, I haven’t published any of my stories yet
It doesn’t mean that on life, I’m going to give up on it
Years ago, to myself I made this bet
That someday, maybe through the blogger, this may fit

Me right into the writing business of being an author
Because I jus might be recognized by someone
Who knows a publisher or jus wants me published as an author
And I’m sure my dad wanted me to become that someone

No comments: