Friday, June 6, 2008

LAST CHAPTER OF NOVEL-TAKING A TRIP IN AN RV-BY CHERYL V. CHAPTER VI

TAKING A TRIP IN AN RV-CHAPTER VI

So, then, Susan said to him, “Boy, I’m surprised to see you in your hunting outfit, this morning. Are you planning on doing some hunting, today, my friend, or is this jus the way, you wanted to be dressed for our funeral ritual for Mike and Cher Bear?”

“The thing is, that jus before I came down from my bedroom, I put this hunting outfit on, jus because I wanted to be dressed this way for our funeral ritual. So, my dear, are you jus about ready for our funeral ritual?”

“I’ve been ready for about the last half hour or so; however we better get going on it because it’s getting very cloudy, outside, and is supposed to rain today.”

Then, the two took each other’s hand after Andy picked up the statue in his right hand, and the two walked over to a rock garden which he had made, the very first day on which he had bought the land and cottage. And as the two reached the rock garden, Andy set the statue down on the grass, and then, grabbed a shovel out of the shed, nearby, and started digging a hole right there in the rock garden.

After he dug out a good size hole, he, then, went back to the back porch, and grabbed the urn with his brother’s ashes inside, and brought it back to where there’s a hole in the ground. Then, he placed the whole urn inside the hole, and then, shoveled the dirt back into the hole until the urn’s fairly well buried underneath the dirt.

Then, he set the shovel down, and went down to his knees, and started talking to himself, however he really sounded like he’s talking to his brother and Cher Bear, “You know, you two, both you, Mike and Cher Bear, made a real nice couple when you two were living, and got along so well together. I’m jus surprised, that you two never had any plans to get married. Maybe, you two wanted to get married, and jus never had enough time to plan it. For one thing, I’m really going to miss you two, very badly, in my life, especially, you, my brother, because now I’m feeling, very lonely, without you in my life.”

As he, then, went back to the kitchen, and boiled some whiskey, he poured some of it into two mugs, one for him, and one for Susan. After turning off the stove, he brought the two mugs to the backyard where Susan was on her knees, apparently, for the last time, paying her respects to both Cher Bear and Mike.

After she was done doing so, then, she stood up, and at that time, Andy gave her, a mug of whiskey, and they both drank their whiskey, together, making faces because the boiled whiskey didn’t taste so hot.

Then, while Andy picked up the statue of the angel, holding a book in his hands, he placed it right over the hole where he has jus buried his brother’s ashes. And then, he knelt down near the statue, and said to himself.

“Oh, Mike and Cher Bear, you both were like family to me when you two were alive. It’s a shame that you, Mike had to shoot yourself to death, so that you wouldn’t have to live your life without your loved one, Cher Bear. Well, the drink of whiskey Susan and I jus had, was for both of you, so that neither of you get caught between two worlds. And if either of you are, then, I pray, that both of you find Heaven very soon.”

Then, right after their ritual being that the day is getting to be nicer, then, Andy said to Susan, “How would you like this? The day is no longer stormy-looking like it originally was, and then, Mike has all hunting gear plus his hunting outfit here at the cottage. For another memory to my brother, how about if you take a try at hunting, and try on my brother’s hunting outfit? It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t fit you perfectly; as long as it fits you, and if the arms and legs in the outfit are a bit long, you always can roll them up.”

“Are you kidding me about going hunting, Andy? I’ve never tried hunting before in my life, and well so I went with you maybe once or twice, however I really never have been a good hunter. Are you really serious about this hunting thing?”

“You jus took the words out of my mouth. Yes, I am, my dear, Susan. I jus know that you have enough courage and strength and know how to know about the safety of hunting. So I’ll go inside and pack a bag for both of us to go hunting; in the meantime, try on my brother’s hunting outfit, I’m sure that you being tall and well-built, that it’ll fit you pretty well.”

So without another word, they both walked inside the cottage, and while she’s trying on his brother’s hunting outfit, he’s daring enough to get both his brother’s and his backpack ready. Besides packing enough food and Gator Aid for the two of them, he went through his hunting list, and made sure that he didn’t forget anything.

Andy said to himself, “I surely don’t want to forget to bring a compass with me because if it is the last thing I want; I surely don’t want to end up lost in the woods. If that happened, both I and Susan could end up losing our survival jus by a mistake of nature, or having a freak accident.”

So as soon as he has everything packed, Susan has been going through all his brother’s drawers on the first floor, and sure enough, she found all the hunting gear, she needed. And she, then, went ahead and tried on Andy’s brother’s clothes right after closing all the blinds in the living room. And to her surprise, the hunting outfit fit very well on her besides the hunting boots.

Right after she got dressed, and Andy jus happened to walk into the living room he actually got his camera out of his pocket. And then, he took some pictures of her in his brother’s clothes, and one of her, holding the hunting rifle by her side. It accidentally went off, and scared her for a moment; however neither of them was hurt although a bullet went flying out the back door, and broke a window. As the bullet had a mind of its own, she said to Andy.

“Oh, Andy, you and your crazy ideas, sometimes I wonder if you are all there on earth. It’s a good thing that you weren’t standing right in the range if the rifle because you could have been shot by the darn thing. It’s a good thing an angel has been looking over us; okay, do you, have everything ready for hunting now?”

“Yes, my dear, and jus before we dare go out into those woods, come right over here on this bear rug, and let’s say a prayer together, so that God sends us an angel to protect us while we’re out in the woods. I don’t need to lose another friend to a freak hunting accident.”

So as soon as they both said their brief prayer, then, they both headed out into the woods being careful to watch where they’re heading. And jus before going out into the woods, Andy noted on a piece of paper jus where the clearing is at from his cottage. This got done so that the two don’t end up getting lost in the woods, and not being able to find their way back to his cottage.

Andy thought on his way, “Also, it’s a good thing, I noted what time it is right now, and while we’re following the trail in the woods, I’d better make sure that I keep watching the time carefully through my method. When I hunted with my brother, he always counted mile after mile on his compass, so that we wouldn’t end up being in the middle of the woods when dusk came around.”

Jus a couple of miles later, Andy jus happened to note a clearing in the distance, so he and Susan also have special hunting hats on, orange ones with fake twigs in them. The fake twigs serve an important purpose for Andy when hunting; they keep him from being accidentally shot by another hunter. And another thing is that he’s always careful to not be in an open area where deer or any other animal tends to hang out.

So Andy said to Susan, “Be sure to stay close by me because you don’t want to end up lost. I know you’ve hunted with me and my brother before, however I know my way through the woods on this one trail. So I never stir away from that trail; that’s one thing that’s important when hunting. That way it’ll be hard to get lost in the woods.”

In fact Susan stayed close to him on the trail, that she didn’t want to even once let go of his hand. Otherwise she easily could get steered away from him and get lose in the woods. And now since they still were near the clearing, he told her.

“Be sure to stay right on the trail, we are on right now because you can’t get lost on it. The way this trail goes, it’ll take you right around the woods, so in the end, it’ll take you right back to the clearing which leads to the cottage.”

Suddenly, Andy yelled out to Susan, “Keep your eyes fixed on that clearing because I jus spotted a few deer, running through the clearing. Now don’t try to move because if you do, you’ll lose track of the trail. Now keep your gun aimed in that direction and if you jus happen to see one of the deer or even a pheasant in range, be sure to fire at it right away. And after you fire a couple of shots, if you don’t happen to see it anymore or notice it, hit the ground, be sure to tell me. And then, don’t move, jus stay where you are, and I’ll go over, and get the deer and drag it back here. And if you have to stop to rest, let me know that too, so it’ll be a sign that we both have to have something to eat and drink too.”

So jus about a half hour later, Susan happened to see a deer in her range and shot at it. Then, in seeing it fall to the ground, she said to Andy, “I can’t believe it. I actually shot down a deer in the clearing. And I’m sure it’s down because I didn’t see it run away when I shot at it jus now.”

Then, Andy said to her, “You stay here, my friend, and jus sit tight. It’ll take a few minutes or so to drag the deer back to the clearing, the other way or maybe more time than that. When you happen to notice me, coming back towards you, yell something out to me so I can follow your voice.”

Soon, he’s dragging the deer back into the woods and jus as she noticed him, heading out of the clearing, she shouted, “Over here, Andy, by the trail, over here. I’m near a big maple tree, and watch out for my twigged hat as I’m standing right near the trail right now.”

Before she knew it, he had the deer right over to her, however he had to stop to take a drink of Gator Aid and have some food to eat. So they both sat on the ground near the trail, and as soon as they finished their lunch, and had a big drink of Gator Aid, it was time to head back to the cottage.

So being she’s a strong woman, she helped him, drag the deer, the rest of the way. And when they arrived at the clearing, they could see his cottage from where they were. Then, since the garage isn’t far away, they dragged the deer to the garage; however they couldn’t allow the deer to stay there too long.

So, then, Susan walked inside the cottage, and changed and also took a shower to refresh herself after hunting. In the meantime, he called a neighbor, and said to him, “Hello, my buddy, I’m sorry I didn’t call you sooner, however my girlfriend and I jus dragged a deer back to the cottage, a good size one which she shot, herself. So would you, by chance, have some time available today or tonight to help me, clean out the deer, so I can have the head, stuffed?”

“Now this is an unusual time for me to consider cleaning out a deer, although, my girl and I were planning an outing, tonight. However I’m sure she can handle the guests tonight while I help you out. She’s always keen about something like this comes up, or whenever an emergency comes along. So, I’ll finish eating and be right over.”

So, then, Andy’s cottage friend, Bill, came over to Andy’s cottage in no time at all, and upon walking into the backyard jus happened to catch Andy inside his garage. And as Andy saw him, walking towards him, Andy is in such a good mood, that he almost yelled out to Bill.

“Oh boy, wait until you see this one. This one is a beauty. I can’t believe that Susan got a deer in an hour’s time. It’s unusual for her to get one down in so little time. I guess this turned out to be her lucky day.”

As Bill caught up to Andy, he couldn’t believe his eyes either, “That jus is one darn good-looking buck which Susan shot down,” he said to Andy, “I didn’t know that a woman could be such a good hunter when it comes to hunting down a buck.”

After Andy and Bill were through cleaning out the buck, then, Bill took the head, some place, not far away from the cottage to be stuffed. And in the meantime, Andy cleaned all of the mess up inside the garage, and then, when Andy walked inside the cottage, to his surprise, Susan was setting up a candlelight dinner for the two of them.

Jus as Andy walked into the dining room, he couldn’t believe his eyes. Before he could say one word, Susan said to him, “Well how do you like this? I thought that because I shot down that buck in the woods before, that it calls for a celebration. Also you’re going to cook that deer meat or at least some of it for dinner, tonight, aren’t you, Andy?”

“Yes, you jus took the words out of my mouth. I’m not jus sure how long it will take to cook, however in the meantime, since you have candlelight in the dining room; I think we should have a toast to this buck of ours. Do you have anything special in mind to drink tonight?”

“In fact while you and Bill were cleaning out that carcass, I snuck over to the nearest store, and picked up some of your favorite wine, Chablis. This should go perfectly with the celebration, tonight. And I’m sure you have something else in mind for tonight being that you were planning on leaving in the RV. Don’t worry, this type of wine is non-alcoholic; actually it is sparkling water, however I’m jus referring to it as being wine. Would you like some of it right now?”

“Yes, I really do, my darling, Susan. And I have a surprise for you, tonight; and I want to let you know all about it while we’re waiting for the deer meat to cook. First of all, don’t get me wrong, although, you must have gotten the impression lately, that when I became drunk, that one evening, that I didn’t care about you anymore. Well that is very far from being the actual truth. Before I go on, do you; love me, my darling, Susan?”

“Yes, I do love you, my Andy. I have loved you for as long as I can remember. Although after you got yourself very drunk, that one night, the way, you acted towards me, made me, doubt you about our love. So I think that you have a confession to make to me. For one thing, do you love me enough to get into making love with me, tonight?”

“I do love you, my darling, with all my heart and soul. And nothing can ever change this. I know that right after my brother and Cher Bear died, not long ago, I must have been acting like I’m in my own world. And that only was because I had gotten myself drunken jus because I didn’t want to make any effort to try to cope with their deaths.”

“Well my Andy, all these years in which I’ve known you, I’ve never seen you act like that one night on which you got drunk. That night, you gave me, the impression, that all you cared for anymore were yourself. Also jus because you seemed to ignore me, that night, and didn’t even make any effort to make love to me; I thought you were trying to pretend like your brother didn’t commit suicide. Also it wasn’t like you, that night, to act like you didn’t want me in your life anymore.”

“However this has all changed, now, for the better. Although, it has taken me about a week’s time, to face my own brother being dead, and the feeling that it has really changed my life to the extent that I didn’t want to live anymore. However since I have been able to conquer my drinking problem, which alone has made me, feel brave enough to start taking charge of my life.”

“Well if this is jus for me, please don’t get carried away, and get yourself drunk anymore because when you’re drunk, you’re a completely different person. In fact, that one night, you acted like someone, I’ve never met before in my life; you scared me, that night. I thought you were going to take your hunting rifle, and take your life like your brother did. So please don’t do this to me ever again because that night, you were drunk, I almost walked out on you. Also, I had been considering taking on that job offer in Newport, and getting my old job back as a nurse.”

“My dear, Susan, please don’t move out of state, and take that nursing job because if you ever do, I’ll have to break up with you because I have my staff job back in Port Huron. And I’ve been on that for so many years, that I could never give that job up because it would be hard to find a job like that one anywhere else.”

“Don’t worry about that, my Andy; I won’t do anything like moving out of state in any way. And I can always get a job as a live-in-nurse right over at your house in Port Huron. I really want to get you into that Alcoholic Anonymous program; what I want to do is start one right at your house if you don’t mind. I am really concerned for your well being.”

Susan suddenly was out of breath for a minute or so, however, then, she continued, “And since you have taken to alcohol again since your brother’s death, I also think that at the same time, I could give you, counseling to help you and me too get through the grieving process over your brother’s and Cher Bear’s deaths. So will you do this for yourself, and hire me as your own nurse?”

“Since I love you so much, my dear Susan, so that we may stay together the rest of our lives, I will; as of right now, you’ve been hired as my nurse. Also I have something else, very important to tell you right now.”

“Okay, my Andy, please don’t keep it inside you. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be to hear what you have to say to me.”

“Jus give me, a couple of minutes to get myself together. I’m not going to cry now; if I do it’ll be tears of happiness.”

Then, after the cat has his tongue for a few minutes, he, then, said to her, “It’s not that it will slip my mind if I don’t tell you right away, it’s just that I can’t wait any longer to let you in on what I’m about to tell you. My Susan darling, as you know I love you so much, and have been in love with you for many years. Will you, my dear, take me as your husband? Will you marry me for better or for worse, for richer or for poor until death do us apart?”

“I’ve been waiting for a couple of years for you to ask me, that question; so straight from my heart, the answer is yes.”

At that, Andy got up out of his chair for a moment or two as tears of happiness rolled down his cheeks. However he walked right over to the other side of the table where Susan’s sitting and he gave her, a big hug and kiss. And upon the kiss and hug, they both were speechless at first, however then; he said to her, “I’m going to check to see if the deer meat is done.”

So he walked over to the oven, and since the deer meat is done by now, he grabbed two oven mittens, and carefully lifted the pot of meat out of the oven. Then, upon him, setting the meat on the counter, she is silent while he carved the meat because she didn’t want to talk while he’s busy carving the meat. She didn’t want him to slice a finger off, and then, have to end up in the emergency clinic.

She didn’t know it, however the deer meat has been cooked in white wine, and however they didn’t have to worry about getting drunk on the wine because the process of cooking took out all the alcohol which is present in white wine. And as he’s bringing the dinner over to the table, he actually took one of the candles to her surprise, and lit the meat which scared her for a minute. However the flame went out quickly, and right before them, they have some dinner with a taste similar to filet mignon.

All through the whole dinner, both Andy and Susan were very quite as not to spoil the silence. Jus before they started eating, he handed her, this note: While we’re eating dinner, this uncanny silence will overcome you. So jus allow this silence to consume your inner being. As I set this dinner up to turn out very romantic, although, you helped me on this, the smell of the candles, I interpret as potpourri. Don’t be surprised if it gets you in the mood for making love because that is how I want our evening to end up.”

As soon as Andy and Susan were through eating their dinner, then, Andy got up out of his chair, and then, he walked over to Susan. As he did, she got up out of her chair, and allowed him to hug her tightly grabbing her close to him. While doing so, his chest seemed to rub against her breasts which caused a sudden burning desire to creep up inside her body. As this happened, she said to him, “Oh, my Andy, can really feel your chest, rubbing against me; now, I can’t seem to resist your body. Can feel the coarse hairs, standing up on your hairy chest which is driving me, crazy and turning me on.”

Then, as she let out this big sigh, without saying a word, he actually picked her up into his arms. And then, he carried her upstairs into his bedroom, and as he arrived there, he set her down gently on his bed. As he did, he stared into her eyes, and at this time, she seemed to be starry-eyed, and didn’t know how to react to this burning desire inside her as it seemed to be engulfing her inner being like a flame which can’t be put out.

Then, he crawled into the bed with her, and before she realized what’s going on between them, he actually turned on his side. Now they were facing each other, and then, they both got into some French kissing, sliding their tongues in and out and all over inside each other’s mouths.

As they were, she’s in deep thought, “Oh honey, this feels wonderful, we haven’t kissed like this in some time. This kissing really feels quite different to me. This French kissing seems to be taking over my body, causing me to become quite helpless to your touch.”

At that, he’s started to slide his hand up her yellow sundress, and as he’s doing so, she can’t seem to control the desire within her. Her body keeps begging for more and more as he’s sliding his hand all over her body. And right now, he’s cupping his hand over one of her breasts which are feeling so good to her. This is causing her nipples to turn hard, and as she can’t do anything right now because the helplessness has taken over her body, her whole body is giving into his tender touch.

Then, before they both realized it, they both were into making love unlike anything she’s ever experienced before in her life. As they were getting into such hot romance and making love, she said to him, “I didn’t know until now, that it could be so soothing and over me with so much desire. Never Knew I had so much desire inside me to begin with.”

In about an hour, they were done making love, and being that both of them were too helpless to get out of bed, they both fell asleep together in his bed. And the two slept through the entire night without even one nightmare, and they both slept in the nude mostly because it turned out to be one fiery night as far as making love went. Also that night seem to be quite muggy, and jus before they had gotten into any romance, he had turned on the air conditioning, so that it would be cool enough to sleep in his bed.

No comments: